Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boring Admin Questions. Look Here First

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

^^ Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Ronanc1

When does semester two start ive forgotten ?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Ronanc1 wrote: »
    When does semester two start ive forgotten ?
    Thanks
    Monday the 19th (Monday week) is the first, semester two, teaching week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

When doing a joint major in Arts, how many credits go towards each subject? I'm not 100% sure but I think its 25 each...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Notorious wrote: »
    When doing a joint major in Arts, how many credits go towards each subject? I'm not 100% sure but I think its 25 each...

it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Just went to check the "Modular Grades Explained" link there and it's 404ed

Here's the new one - http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Just a quick one. I need a letter from UCD stating when I finished my last exam for a welfare payment. Which of the many sections of UCD admin would be most appropriate?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

tribulus wrote: »
    Just a quick one. I need a letter from UCD stating when I finished my last exam for a welfare payment. Which of the many sections of UCD admin would be most appropriate?

Student desk in the Tierney building for proof of attendance

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

I kinda might want to change courses.
    I'm in 2nd year and according to the CAO website UCD only let 1st years submit CAO change of mind forms.
    http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=aboutCOM
    Anyone know what the story is?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Ronanc1

do ucdians have a midterm from the 9th til the something'th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Where is the careers library?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

If i fail an elective e.g. a language and am not able to compensate do i have to resit the same language or can i choose a completely different module to repeat e.g. photography or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KangoSkank

Is there a link that fully explains stage X?

If not could anyone answer a few questions for me....

How many exams are you allowed to fail to be eligible for stage X?

Is stage X done alongside the scheduled classes for your course or does it have to be completed separately?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

nick23 wrote: »
    If i fail an elective e.g. a language and am not able to compensate do i have to resit the same language or can i choose a completely different module to repeat e.g. photography or something like that?

Yes. Though I think you might still have to pay the 200 euro resit fee.
    KangoSkank wrote: »
    Is there a link that fully explains stage X?

If not could anyone answer a few questions for me....

How many exams are you allowed to fail to be eligible for stage X?

Is stage X done alongside the scheduled classes for your course or does it have to be completed separately?

Thanks

I think it's three from the one semester though I'm not entirely too certain. You're only allowed "fail" 2 (pass by compensation) in the year so logic would say 3.

It's done alongside your scheduled classes for the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Hi im late registering my electives
    Didnt pass 1st year arts and now im doing semester X.

I chose electives to keep me occupied in semester X but im being asked if i should assign them to stage 1 or stage 2.

Basically i dont have a clue. Any help greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Where exactly are thos rooms in the Library Building for tutorials, I have one there tomorrow and was wondering are they in the actual library itself or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Kournikova wrote: »
    Where exactly are thos rooms in the Library Building for tutorials, I have one there tomorrow and was wondering are they in the actual library itself or what??

No they're group study rooms that you book with a group of more than two, not for tutotials. You'll have tutorials at assigned class rooms near your department. Go to your department (school or whatever it's called now), they should have a list of tutors, times, days etc... on the notice board, your name or student number should be on it somewhere and the room number and tutor.

Notorious wrote: »

25 for each subject (i.e. you take 5 modules per annum in each subject, then you've ten credits of electives which you can use any way you'd like.

alan4cult wrote: »
    Where is the careers library?

There's a careers office next to the Campus Book Shop (i.e. after the main library on the left). From what I've heard it's shit.

Ronanc1 wrote: »
    do ucdians have a midterm from the 9th til the something'th?

Depends on the module in question, better off checking with the lecturer. It's not like America, you're exams are mainly on two times a year (Christmas and Summer) after that it's at the lecturers discretion on how they examine ye. I know economics are keen on midterms but the likes of geography it wouldn't be too popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

El Siglo wrote: »
    No they're group study rooms that you book with a group of more than two, not for tutotials. You'll have tutorials at assigned class rooms near your department. Go to your department (school or whatever it's called now), they should have a list of tutors, times, days etc... on the notice board, your name or student number should be on it somewhere and the room number and tutor.

No my tutorial for this says it is in the library building as opposed to the Newman building like my other tutorials.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Kournikova wrote: »
    No my tutorial for this says it is in the library building as opposed to the Newman building like my other tutorials.

Turn left when you come through the tunnel from Newman and go through the double doors and take the lift to the 5th floor (or the stairs, if you're up to it!) and there's classes up there where tutorials take place;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

El Siglo wrote: »
    There's a careers office next to the Campus Book Shop (i.e. after the main library on the left). From what I've heard it's shit.
    the career office is great healp for (business) students in writing CV from what i've heard but when i was there (science student :P),they aren't helpful at all...well,i suppose the scientific related jobs r shte in this country and thats another story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rubberduckzilla

I was sick last week (not swine flu) and failed to sign up for my Geography tutorials, should I go to the office tomorrow and see what to do?

I emailed them but never got a reply.

Thanks for the help.

Go to the office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

IS there a general changing room in the sports centre? I know there one downstairs by the sports hall B but is it for crunch members as it seems you need so code for it? If I want to go for a run where is there a place I can get changed/have a shower?

Yeh down the steps take a right and its the first dressing room on your right. Showers there also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

What happens if you fail a subject that has no end of year exam but is based purely on continuous assessments?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sachor

What happens if you fail a subject that has no end of year exam but is based purely on continuous assessments?

You need to go to the relevant school and discuss with them what you need to do to make up the assessments you failed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BlueLepreachaun

Can someone explain the absurd new Student Desk opening hours to me? and the odd rules?
    I rang up because of an urgent fees issue, knowing the desk was open until 6, and I didn't have time to go in earlier in person, and a computer told me that while the desk is open until 6, the phones close at 4:30.....
    ....why?

Advertisement