Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boring Admin Questions. Look Here First

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

a computer told me that while the desk is open until 6, the phones close at 4:30.....
    ....why?

It's probably because they've cut staff numbers servicing the desk/phones from 4.30-6.00 and don't want to have their remainding staff unable to provide a service at the desk because they're too busy answering your phone call's fooh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Everything still open in ucd over midt-erm, specifically the student bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

UCD is still open on Good Friday yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

I was just about to ask the same question, anyone care to clarify? Thanks!

Just decided to answer my own question... UCD will be closed on Good Friday and the following Bank Holiday Monday according to the nice man on the phone at UCD First Response! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

I'm doing a resit for Algorithmic Problem Solving but it's not listed in the exam timetable, and I haven't been able to get into contact with the Lecturer, and neither has the secretary. My email to assessment@ucd.ie seems to have been ignored as well and now I've no idea what to do. Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Go to the school of maths or whatever school which the module is part of and ask at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

The CSI secretary seems to have finally gotten through to the lecturer. In the end it's just a take-home examination that we have a month to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If you repeat an exam is only that result counted towards GPA and not also the fail result? I know it's only capped at 2.0 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Sachor

If you repeat an exam is only that result counted towards GPA and not also the fail result? I know it's only capped at 2.0 though.

Your final GPA will only include the passed module. If you work out your current GPA, your fail module is not a part of it. So once you pass it your GPA will effectively lower as the 2.0 will drag any GPA down.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

What's the story with just leaving all your stuff in the library so you don't lose your place? Do people ever rob your stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

snooleen wrote: »
    What's the story with just leaving all your stuff in the library so you don't lose your place? Do people ever rob your stuff?

No, they are generally safe. In saying that I wouldn't leave valuable things just lying around in the off chance.

How long do you plan on leaving your set empty? If its a seat with a plug nearby that's very poor form because they are in high demand.

If you leave your stuff in one of those seats you run the risk of staff removing your stuff. And rightly so imo. Its very unfair on everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

WeeBushy wrote: »
    No, they are generally safe. In saying that I wouldn't leave valuable things just lying around in the off chance.

How long do you plan on leaving your set empty? If its a seat with a plug nearby that's very poor form because they are in high demand.

If you leave your stuff in one of those seats you run the risk of staff removing your stuff. And rightly so imo. Its very unfair on everyone else.

Thanks. :)

I'm just talking about going and getting a coffee/taking a break for 20 mins. And I wouldn't leave my laptop plugged in when the sockets are in high demand, that's just cruel. It makes me angry >:( I take my stuff with me if I'm going to get lunch or something.

Yeah that's fine then. Your stuff are safe, I've never heard of anything being stolen from the library anyway.

I left my laptop and books on a desk and went for a break. When I got back there was a little JJL notice left on my laptop informing me that my laptop could have been stolen while I was gone... I laughed so much... That probably jinxed it for me though and next time my stuff will be gone!:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Yeah that's fine then. Your stuff are safe, I've never heard of anything being stolen from the library anyway.

Wasn't there a fairly big problem last year of some guy stealing a fúckload of laptops from the library?

Fad wrote: »
    Wasn't there a fairly big problem last year of some guy stealing a fúckload of laptops from the library?

Really? I didn't here that...

Makes me angry.

Advertisement