Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement Gift

Options
  • 01-04-2008 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm sure you're sick to death of this question so feel free to point me to other threads if you like.

My boyfriend's sister just got engaged as we would like to buy them a present as a couple. We don't normally buy traditional presents and I think we're hoping to buy something traditional but with a twist. Can anyone give me any ideas - traditional ones are fine also. His sister isn't too impressed by wacky presents thought so I'm looking for 'conservatively different', if such a thing exists. The couple also don't own their own house yet so I am reluctant to buy them anything for their home as it would just clutter them in rented accommodation. Myself and my OH are also a bit cynical when it comes to romance, so want to stay away from anything too soppy!

Doesn't leave much choice I know but any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Jesus thats a tough one. Let me muse on it for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A weekend away ... from each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭goodburger

loving victors post :D

Newbridge do the most amazing gifts now, not just jewellery and cutlery. They are also very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I usually buy a nice picture frame for engagements. Next do a nice selection or newbridge if you want to spend a bit more.

Advertisement