Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can an Admin Clarify the Hagar Situation Please?

Options
  • 01-04-2008 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

The whole Hagar thing kicked off when it happened to be April 1st. It seems unbelievable to many, myself included that Hagar, one of the most admired and respected mods on boards could be banned for this. While it does appear to be a joke we're now into April 2nd and it's dragging out. Can you give us all some piece of mind?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Jesus.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ahem, its only 23:28 on April 1st.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

April Fool's ends at midday...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Ahem, its only 23:28 on April 1st.

Whoops, hehe I'm ahead of myself. Still and all April Fools Day ended at 12pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

eo980 wrote: »
    It seems unbelievable to many, myself included that Hagar, one of the most admired and respected mods on boards..
    I'm sorry but you lost me about there..

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    Jesus.

Look if you don't have anything positive to contribute, please don't post anything. I don't mean to be harsh but Hagar is an excellent mod and well respected as a poster so we would like him back, particuarly if he wasn't banned for a good reason.
    basquille wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you lost me about there..

Heh.... fair enough sir.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Whoops, hehe I'm ahead of myself. Still and all April Fools Day ended at 12pm today.
    See now, I've never understood this, the day runs for 24 hours not 12!
    April fools (for me anyway) is open for another 29 mins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

feylya wrote: »
    April Fool's ends at midday...

Which should tell you this isn't a joke. They put the "Everyone's a moderator" thing asleep, didn't they? No, this isn't a joke.

Free Hagar!

Look if you don't have anything positive to contribute, please don't post anything. I don't mean to be harsh but Hagar is an excellent mod and well respected as a poster so we would like him back, particuarly if he wasn't banned for a good reason.
    Your thread smells like fail. That is all.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Your thread smells like fail. That is all.

Ssshhh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,214 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hey Guys,

The whole Hagar thing kicked off when it happened to be April 1st. It seems unbelievable to many, myself included that Hagar, one of the most admired and respected mods on boards could be banned for this. While it does appear to be a joke we're now into April 2nd and it's dragging out. Can you give us all some piece of mind?

whoops your post registered too quick: I know you have to plan ahead for that dial-up connection you're on, but you must be having a good day.

That, or The Rigger is up to no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Look if you don't have anything positive to contribute, please don't post anything.

and yet, you keep hitting the reply button...

[QUOTE=eo980;55552018I don't mean to be harsh but Hagar is an excellent mod and well respected as a poster

[/QUOTE]

you made me lol.
    particuarly if he wasn't banned for a good reason.

oh, so it has to be a reason you agree with. are you saying that the mods arent doing a good job?
    maybe youd like to do it for them?
    is that what youre saying?

or maybe I should ban you as well?

and yet, you keep hitting the reply button...

you made me lol.

oh, so it has to be a reason you agree with. are you saying that the mods arent doing a good job?
    maybe youd like to do it for them?
    is that what youre saying?

or maybe I should ban you as well?

Now come on Eamon. I'm not looking for an arguement. Of course I respect the decisions of mods and they do a fine job, boards is a fantastic site. I'm not saying I could do a better job, not at all. Rules are rules, but this really has shocked and surprised people. If you feel you must ban me fair enough, but I don't think I've done anything wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I could do a better job, I could be you!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

HAGAR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

monkeyfudge = legend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Now come on Eamon. I'm not looking for an arguement. Of course I respect the decisions of mods and they do a fine job, boards is a fantastic site. I'm not saying I could do a better job, not at all. Rules are rules, but this really has shocked and surprised people. If you feel you must ban me fair enough, but I don't think I've done anything wrong.

oh, im not going to ban you.

as for hagar, well, if you knew the full story, you might understand a bit more.

just remember, becuase you dont understand why something has happened, doesnt mean that there are not good reasons for the actions taken.
    and also remember that we dont have to tell you absolutely bloody everything that goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

as for hagar, well, if you knew the full story, you might understand a bit more.

just remember, becuase you dont understand why something has happened, doesnt mean that there are not good reasons for the actions taken.
    and also remember that we dont have to tell you absolutely bloody everything that goes on.

Knowing what you know about the reasons behind Hagar's ban, I don't see how you can speak out supporting the actions of the boards overseers.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out.

oh, im not going to ban you.

Fair enough, I appreciate not being banned! :)
    Your point makes excellent sense and of course applies to any given number of situations in real life too. However boards is a tight knit community and we look out for each other and when it seems like an injustice has been done it's only natural to speak up. Things just wouldn't run well if everyone was in the know on everything so of course I understand your point there too.

But still Eamon, I have the feeling that there is something bigger going on and that it's not all as bad as it seems.

And he's back. Quelle surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

It seems unbelievable to many, myself included that Hagar, one of the most admired and respected mods on boards could be banned

Somebody's looking for a free holiday in France....

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Somebody's looking for a free holiday in France....

HeHe no not at all B. Was just surprised at the possibility of Hagar being banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Hey Guys,

Sweet Jesus, you need to get a life. Seriously...put the keyboard down! :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sweet Jesus, you need to get a life. Seriously...put the keyboard down! :rolleyes:
    indenial.jpg

...and we're out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement