Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestoves

Options
  • 01-04-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

Would anyone have recommendations on particular models of firestoves. I am looking for a non-boiler version to heat a room (about 11 feet x 15 feet) and, with doors open, as much of the rest of a small bungalow as possible.

So far, my favourite is a Stanley (Aisling or Oisin model). I have been told that Stanley is by far the best name on the market in terms of output. I have also looked at Mulberry.

Would anyone have any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Schooby

have an Oisin, its class, only thing is you have to chop timber fairly small to get it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,160 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This would probably be more at home in DIY (in relation to replies)

Moved

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

We got a Mulberry stove about 2 years ago. It is made in Carrick-on-Suir. It throws out great heat into the room and we have a back boiler on it that heats 12 rads and does it very well.

As far as I remember the Mulberry stove was cheaper than the Stanley equivalent. We are delighted with it. Easy to light, gives good heat and looks well in the room.

http://www.mulberrystoves.com/products.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ailishm

Just wondering Humpty doo what did you go for in the end. We have Stanley Aisling and have had nothing but trouble with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Humpty

check out this recent thread. It may help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055394080

Edit: just seen the date

• Advertisement
Advertisement