Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

case help

• 01-04-2008 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

can anyone get me the judgment on :

Clayton Love v. British & Irish Steam packet Co [1970] 104 I. L. T. R. 157

ive looked everywhere but the problem is my college subscription to justis is out at the mo, cant get it on any other sites at all!

thanks very much lads, im badly stuck :o!

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

This one: Clayton Love v. B & I Steampacket (1966) 100 ILTR 157.

See your pms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

thanks tom, yeah you have the right citation, i have that one too, not sure how the 1970 got in there!

would you happen to have the full judgment on it as its for a book of authorities??

thanks.

Nah sorry, only a digest verion av.

No probs, ill keep looking,

Thanks,
    Stew.

PS. If by some miracle somebody has the canadian case of:

Tilden Rent-A-Car Co. v. Clendenning (1978), 83 DLR (3d) 400

i would be in your debt!!! cant find the buggar anywhere!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

When you go into college today ask Brendan, he might have found it by now. Anyway you lazy yoke, did we not get the Clayton Love case in class?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

king-stew wrote: »
    [1970] 104 I. L. T. R. 157

Where are these available anyway? I'm looking for one from the 50s - "Southern Industrial Trust" (dont have the citation to hand) but no joy anywhere so far.:confused:

dK1NG wrote: »
    Where are these available anyway? I'm looking for one from the 50s - "Southern Industrial Trust" (dont have the citation to hand) but no joy anywhere so far.:confused:

as far as i can tell they are available on justis, ive emailed my library and supposedly they will have a copy faxed to them later?:confused:

still badly stuck for the clayton love full judgment if anyone could access justis????

thanks,
    stew.

king-stew wrote: »
    still badly stuck for the clayton love full judgment if anyone could access justis????

thanks,
    stew.

Just checked it there - only a digest version available unfortunately.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

You get them in the Irish Law Times, at the back of most bound versions you will find the Irish Law Times Reports.

• Advertisement

oh well, ill just have to settle for a B+ instead of an A;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Isn't it arguable that Clayton Love isn't good law anymore after Photo Productions Ltd in the HoL? PP has been accepted in quite a few Irish HC cases now... (that's what I argued for in my moot anyway).

Yes, that is correct! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

We did lose the moot though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Thirdfox wrote: »
    We did lose the moot though :(

Ah moot court, it's all in good fun though!

Apologies for the bump.

Still looking for this case if anyone could help me out. No joy with the hard bound copies of the ILT, only go back to the 80s here.

The case I'm looking for is: AG v Southern Industrial Trust Ltd [1957] 94 ILTR 161 :o

There's a digest version on www.justis.com

Thanks Tom. I have the digest but need to get my hands on the full judgment.

Unusually I can't find it either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

There doesn't seem to be an online version as westlaw only goes back to the 80 for ILTR entries. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement