Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Principal Contractor

• 02-04-2008 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, I hope someone might be able to give me some advice on a problem I am having with a principal contractor our company has worked for.

We completed works for him last year and he had been paying us hap-hazardly during this time approx 55% of the total due. He did not issue us with remittance advice nor RCTDC pink slips and he did not hold a payments card for us.

Now I am having no luck in contacting him to get him to issue us with the pink slips and we are down a considerable amount of money.

Any advice on how I might be able to further this would be gratefully received. One thing I am wondering is what are the powers of Revenue to demand the RCTDC from him? I have previosuly had a Principal had to pay us over what was due as he was audited and found not to have issued pink slips...

Thanks is advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Diairist

ring HIS tax office, ask for RCT section and tell them RCT is being withheld but RCTDC's aren't being issued. This should produce a favourable reponse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Stressed14

Thanks for the reply.. I have already tried this and they are "following up" on the case, but say they cannot give me any more information and that I should still continue to chase the cert and money myself.

We are going to begin legal proceedings to recover the pink slip.. but I am a bit annoyed that we have to go this far since my understanding is that an RCTDC is on a par with a VAT or P35 return and a legal obligation from anyone using contractors/sub contractors in the construction industry - is this not the case?

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Call out to his house and demand payment.

If you dont know his address you can do a company search and it will give you the address of directors and shareholders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 wexgun

Hi all,
    Im in almost exactly the same position. Tax was deducted but I never got the pink slips for the last 3 months I was working for this contractor. He is also not paying my last invoice as he wanted me to keep working for him but I said not until I got paid in full and certs were released to me. It came to a head one day and I walked out and havent went back since. He got his secretary to ring me 2 weeks ago to ask me to come back but I refused. I have contacted the Revenue and they got nowhere with him. He told them there was nothing outstanding. I have just contacted a solicitor and I am now going the legal route. Any more advise anybody? Surely he is obliged by law to issue the certs with payments?

Advertisement