Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Draining A Clio Petrol Tank

Options
  • 02-04-2008 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

hey all, anybody here know if theres a drain plug on a 1992 renault clio 1.1 petrol tank? long long story why but nevertheless, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

as far as i remember no. you will have to remove the tank sender unit under the back seat and remove the diesel that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i have a 92 1.4 clio and the only way you can really do it is removing the gasket/seal on the pipe leading in/out of the car... but normally you just poke it several times and drain it out or just leave it to run dry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭hebejebees

If you can get it elevated some where, you will get a pipe down the filler cap and syphon it out. Usually the handiest way just make sure you get most of it out and fill it up with petrol, it will be grand with a little diesel in it

Advertisement