Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hagar Lives...

Options
  • 02-04-2008 6:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Morning All :D:D:D:D

What a day. I post a jokey insult at Ruu, change my tagline to "Banned" and go off to work. Beruthiel joins in with a spoof siteban which adds an air of authority to it. Then Rabies bans everyone from Lolocaust for a laugh. I come home from work to a bulging in-box and my own wake. What started out as a one-liner joke took on a life of it's own complete with a "Free Hagar" campaign.

The support was surprising. Thanks to everyone who knowingly or unknowingly joined in the campaign, or allowed it to continue, it was the best laugh I've had in ages. I do hope nobody is too red-faced this morning, it was all just in fun and not meant to cause embarrassment.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Lulz
    well done on keeping it going,when it passed midnight people where worried :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Welcome back Hagar. I couldn't believe Vex's entry into the banlist for Oriel "No I am not joking"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hagar wrote: »
    Beruthiel joins in with a spoof siteban which adds an air of authority to it.

I'm afraid I can't claim credit for that one Hagar. T'was one of my fellow smods... :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It's like you were never gone.. sorta..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I was surprised so many people were unsure as to wether you were banned or not. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

so I was right!

A quick check of the banlist said No!, but funny all the same.... ;)
    A quiet day in the office, I bet you got more done than usual! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

'twas all in good sport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,214 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ban him again!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

*Sniff* I can't go through this again. You're dead to me, you hear me?! Dead!

/outburst

(I'm so glad I didn't get those T-Shirts printed up, or that "Free Hagar" tatoo completed.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Come on lads just get it over with................

HAGAR for President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I have to say it was quite amusing watching all the headless chickens running around when they found out they couldn't access lolocaust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

jsb wrote: »
    I have to say it was quite amusing watching all the headless chickens running around when they found out they couldn't access lolocaust
    Agreed, absolutely hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Welcome back Hagar! :D

jsb wrote: »
    I don't think they created enough threads about it.

MarkR wrote: »
    (I'm so glad I didn't get those T-Shirts printed up, or that "Free Hagar" tatoo completed.)

Yeah, they only got to 'Free Hag' when you got the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Free Hagar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

takola wrote: »
    Welcome back Hagar! :D I'd say poor Karl will be a little redfaced this morning!
    Karl and a few others were playing along with the gag. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

so now who do we free?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

so now who do we free?

Tibet?

• Advertisement

Hagar wrote: »
    Karl and a few others were playing along with the gag. :)
    *shock* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

so now who do we free?
    Hat McCullough

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

On a scale of one to ten I'd say the guy who posted that 6th was in a coma was funnier than this happy horsesh*t

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I enjoyed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

rb_ie wrote: »
    Agreed, absolutely hilarious.

Nice to see you laughing again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Bambi wrote: »
    On a scale of one to ten I'd say the guy who posted that 6th was in a coma was funnier than this happy horsesh*t

Yes, my family and friends are still laughing about it .....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I think thats my point like..its not really that funny at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Here, have a refund party_42.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Welcome back Hagar!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kudos to all involved. The whole debacle made for some good reading :) Taking it past midday was a great idea, as I think it confused a lot of people (myself included).

And Hagar it must feel great to be so worshipped by your minions ;)

Advertisement