Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X box noob, 2 quick questions.

• 02-04-2008 7:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Hey just bought me an xbox a week ago and im pretty happy with it but theres 2 things i cant get my head around. first of all sorry if theses have been posted up before, tried the search function but for some reason it wont work and google has failed me.

First question, is there a way to stop my xbox from logging into my windos live messenger automaticly as when it does it logs me off if im on my computer and its also really anoying to have people thinking your ignoring them when really your just playing xbox.

Second question is i was just wondering if there was anyway to get region restricted demos, e.g. skate off x box live, i know theres a way to do this sort of thing on the ps3 so i was wondering if there was an xbox alternitive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

For the Messenger Question
    Xbox.com
    Disable Auto Sign-In
    Auto Sign-In for Messenger on Xbox 360 is enabled by default.

To disable Auto Sign-In

Sign into Xbox LIVE with the profile whose gamertag you want to change.
    Select your gamer profile in the Xbox Dashboard.
    Select Auto Sign-In.
    In the Windows Live Messenger area, select Disable.

For the Region restricted demos
    If you create a new Windows Live account, and select the region you want (e.g. USA - you can use Your address as Beverly Hills, CA 90210 :)) and then create a new Xbox Live account on Xbox.com using this Windows Live Account you should be able to log in to Live on the Xbox and see the resources for that region.

This used to work for everything - even video content, but they have begun to be a bit more restrictive on that sort of thing and they can tell from your ISP / IP Address if your in the region or not. Some content won't appear, or won't allow you to download and technically might be against their Terms of Service and they may suspend the account. Possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Is their anything worth downloading off Live that is not available in Ireland's region?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

skate would be the only game.. what I did was setup up an email to be from america then setup an xbox live account with that email.. download skate and go back to your own profile and there it is.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Cheers lads, handy out.

Advertisement