Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton t90xtr red light on

• 02-04-2008 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi,

We just got a T90xr fitted yesterday evening. There is a main switch outside the bathroom to turn the electrics for the shower on, and then the on/off button on the shower itself.

When we turn the shower on, a red light comes on on the box - which appears fine, and shower produces hot water. Thing is, when we turn off the shower by the on/off button, and then turn off the main switch outside bathroom, the red light stays on (and has stayed on all night).

Cause neither of us have ever had an electric shower before, we're not sure if this is the norm - we don't think it is, as we presume that you should be able to completely turn off an appliance - but am hoping that someone could shed some light on it, before I ring the guy who installed it.

thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ring him. If I'm reading this correctly; it sounds like he's by-passed the live side of the switch some how. He may have mixed up the L-in and L-out. It needs to be sorted anyway. Shouldn't be dangerous btw, get it looked at though. Let me know what he says please.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Thanks for that. We rang him, and basically there was something wrong with the switch, so he did as you said to get it working, and was planning on coming back tomorrow to us with a new switch to install it correctly so it'll switch off. So all is well.

thanks.

Advertisement