Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a new website

Options
  • 02-04-2008 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi, Guys,

I've been working on a consumer-printed coupon website for quite a while. I am very glad that www.couponmaster.ie is nearly finished.

Now, I really want to know what do you think of this website. Is it user frirendly? What do you think of its design?

I'd really appreciate if you could have a look at the site for a little or as long as you can and give me your feedback.

Of course, when CoupponMaster is launched properly (quite soon), I expect CouponMaster will become your close friend to save you a lot or promote your business!

If so, for you to become evangelists for www.couonmaster.ie :)Thanks in anticipation. Looking forwarding your kindly suggestion!

Jessica:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dkell

You spelt Member wrong on the homepage... (at the login box)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Site looks nice and clean, spelling mistake as dkell said and when you click on the items in the list and the coupon comes up the couponmaster.ie banner logo looks crooked. It possibly has a white line at the bottom which cant be seen but the blue line running to the left from "the saving start here" make it look crooked. Also it should say "savings start here" or "saving starts here" not "saving start here" on your register page you use the first suggestion so i would stick with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You aren't setting a background colour for body in your stylesheet.
    For those (few) of us who have a grey background that's the colour we see.

BTW, the HTML could not be validated and there are 3 issues with main.css.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

It's not at all clear what's clickable and what's not!

The image to the left of a coupon title text, in the list, gives a popup description of the coupon. Finding that out is 100% guess work. Intuitively, I tried the text title/summary first, to no avail.

Your use of CSS also means that text links around the site aren't immediately identifiable. You should be encouraging your users to navigate the site, not hindering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

On typos: "Forgotton your password?"
    Forgotton should be Forgotten.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Jessica84

:pMany thanks to all your good points!

The wrong spelling is due to the foreign programmer. I will check it carefully and correct all of such mistakes.: )

All your suggestions are quite helpful. I will improve my site according to these at once.

Any more suggestions?

Hope you can continue paying attention to my improvement, guys.

I will let you know as soon as I finish it.;)

Thx again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Nice site. I think you dould do a bit more with the banner - the huge swathe of green could be made a little more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dkell

I think maybe a wee bit of space at the top might help - I think having the banner touching the top of the screen makes it feel a bit squashed.

Also, having the Coupon Regions section sticking out on its own makes the page seem a bit unbalanced - it means you've got a big block of unused white space over the footer. Adding it to a column on the right might help (...but would probably be a hassle to do!). Another alternative would be to have more items in the main column so that they have the same height, and make use of the unused white space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

The overall design is fairly clean and inoffensive

Couple of suggestions:

The homepage is off balance - put the counties in a collapseable tree
    Title banner / image is dull - needs improvement
    Ditch the google ads - your clients are paying you to spread coupons (I assume this is the business model - is it a % of the coupon value you get) - i think the google ads set the wrong impression. Consider advertising from clients by all means but not google ads.
    Your thorough privacy policy is good but do the google ads violate it. As the ads load from google im fairly sure google know the ip of the user loading the site which is tracked and is potentially PII. This is not clear in your policy that one of your advertisers may be tracking users.

squibs wrote: »
    Nice site. I think you dould do a bit more with the banner - the huge swathe of green could be made a little more interesting.

I have been redesgning the banner now. Maybe it will be finishing a couple of days.;)

I hope it will be great~

Thx a lot.

• Advertisement

dkell wrote: »
    I think maybe a wee bit of space at the top might help - I think having the banner touching the top of the screen makes it feel a bit squashed.

Also, having the Coupon Regions section sticking out on its own makes the page seem a bit unbalanced - it means you've got a big block of unused white space over the footer. Adding it to a column on the right might help (...but would probably be a hassle to do!). Another alternative would be to have more items in the main column so that they have the same height, and make use of the unused white space.

Thx, dkell.

I've checked the homepage, and now, I am thinking about how to make it balanced. Your suggestion is quite helpful. :p

The overall design is fairly clean and inoffensive

Couple of suggestions:

The homepage is off balance - put the counties in a collapseable tree
    Title banner / image is dull - needs improvement
    Ditch the google ads - your clients are paying you to spread coupons (I assume this is the business model - is it a % of the coupon value you get) - i think the google ads set the wrong impression. Consider advertising from clients by all means but not google ads.
    Your thorough privacy policy is good but do the google ads violate it. As the ads load from google im fairly sure google know the ip of the user loading the site which is tracked and is potentially PII. This is not clear in your policy that one of your advertisers may be tracking users.

Thanks for your sincere advice.:)

I add the google ads just in view of google SEO, not for advertising. I want to its url be added to google ASAP. I was told that pages with AdSense are going to be indexed more frequently than non-AdSense pages.

Now, my site has been added. I will cancel google adsense from my site. Thank you for reminding me.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Remove the ads, don't worry about being indexed. The site is already indexed - http://www.google.ie/search?q=site%3Awww.couponmaster.ie

Signup to Webmaster Tools if you want to review crawling issues.

From a SEO point of view, you need to revisit the title tags in particular for all those pages - http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/advsearch?ei=UTF-8&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.couponmaster.ie - The title is the same, which is not inviting clicks.

Install some form of analysis package, Google Analytics is probably the easiest to get up and running
    See attached quick SEO report (it's automated but has basic pointers)

I probably sound a little negative, I like the website concept, and for the most part the website is easy on the eye.

My recommendation would be to implement analysis asap, and address any of the possible SEO issues in the PDF, then move on to enhanced that, possible with friendly urls, then increase inbound traffic.

Hope this helps :)

(oh and well done, great idea)

zAbbo wrote: »
    Remove the ads, don't worry about being indexed. The site is already indexed - http://www.google.ie/search?q=site%3Awww.couponmaster.ie

Signup to Webmaster Tools if you want to review crawling issues.

From a SEO point of view, you need to revisit the title tags in particular for all those pages - http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/advsearch?ei=UTF-8&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.couponmaster.ie - The title is the same, which is not inviting clicks.

Install some form of analysis package, Google Analytics is probably the easiest to get up and running
    See attached quick SEO report (it's automated but has basic pointers)

I probably sound a little negative, I like the website concept, and for the most part the website is easy on the eye.

My recommendation would be to implement analysis asap, and address any of the possible SEO issues in the PDF, then move on to enhanced that, possible with friendly urls, then increase inbound traffic.

Hope this helps :)

(oh and well done, great idea)

Thanks for your detailed SEO advice. I've looked through the attachment carefully, and registered in google website. I find google website and analystic are really a useful tool for SEO.

But in my point of view, the top thing for me is to find coupon supplier ASAP. Otherwise, launching and publicizing to cutomers are % impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Sorry to be pedantic - but in your sig graphic should

Print Cash is Not a crime !

read

Printing cash is not a crime!

??

Advertisement