Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie Ahern to announce his departure date!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Now he's saying that his life, lifestyle and finances have distracted people from Government...but this is solely a personal decision and he doesn't doubt that simplistic analysis will say that the tribunals have hastened his departure...
    Bye, bye Bertie The Politician.
    Hello Bertie The Comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Gerry Ryan just went to an exclusive interview with Bertie...sounded pleased as punch that he was at the cusp of this breaking political story. Then there was silence and then "Ehm.... this isn't the Toaiseach..... this is Conor Lenihan". Gerry nearly shat. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Bye Bye BERTIE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There will be a whooping and a hollering in Laois! :pac:

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

mike65 wrote: »
    "I know in my heart..." did'nt someone else say something like that - CJH?

Thats what i was thinking too.

When he started talking about Mary Harney i thought for a spilt second he was also going to announce they were an item :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

'Bout bloody time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

What are the opposition going to moan about now???

He had to go and no doubt pressure from senior party members was the biggest factor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

There will be a whooping and a hollering in Laois! :pac:

Mike.

Presume you mean Offaly? (Cowen country)

I'm no Fianna Fail / Bertie head, but sorry to see him go ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

BUFFALO for Taoiseach :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

When he said "It was a political contribution, for personal use" he should have been fired

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Adios indeed.
    kevpants wrote: »
    Gerry Ryan just went to an exclusive interview with Bertie...sounded pleased as punch that he was at the cusp of this breaking political story. Then there was silence and then "Ehm.... this isn't the Toaiseach..... this is Conor Lenihan". Gerry nearly shat. Classic.

Good stuff, can't stand that plonker.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Jack Charlton for tshirt

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

I don't think I've ever heard better news!!!
    I'm personally delighted that he is leaving, I only wish it had of been sooner!!

He took this country for a bunch of mugs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Did TV3 broadcast anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

ateam wrote: »
    Did TV3 broadcast anything?

Not until ITV do it first......

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

classic

Presume you mean Offaly? (Cowen country)

:o I knew it was flat and boggy.

Mike.

Very Good !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Probably a good time to be going. The consequences of government economic policies are coming home to roost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cowen on one side and Cullen on the other during the speech. Potential leadership battle? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

:o I knew it was flat and boggy.

Mike.

:)

As I said, I am no Bertie / FF supporter ... But is it more or less sewn up that it will be Cowen? Can't stand the thoughts of it ! ! !
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Cowen on one side and Cullen on the other during the speech. Potential leadership battle? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

At least Cullen has something about him ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

best news heard all week.

it'll be complete vomit now for 2 weeks on how great he was.. :rolleyes:

what a crook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

This is a sad day for ireland. Regardless of what people say he did an untold amount of god for this country. Its quite sad that he didnt get the chance to be presummed innocent until proven guilty. If their was an election tomorrow ff would win by a landslide. It really is a sad day, it really is true ireland are a nation of bugruders, kicking a great man while he is down. Its funny how the mahon trib. leaked documents everytime it came under pressure

Biggest domestic news story of the year and Pat Kenny is stuck in court. :p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

Good Riddance ....

What a legacy - the economy and the north I hear you say. Not for me, his legacy is major failings on other areas such as Health, Crime, poverty, education, public housing, and a general inability to foresee and act on any societal problem.

Having said that, we are probably going from Dumb to Dumber - Brian Cowen - Noooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Yawn. He'll just be replaced by another bureaucrat and the inefficient public sector will continue on, squandering Tax revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

About bloody time !!!! And Bertie you're not fooling anyone you're gone because of the tribunial and the questions it has dragged up about your past.

Biffo will be favourite but its going to be an interesting dogfight for the leadership of FF now.

Ahern was spectacuarly lucky - the building blocks were in place for the Cetlic Tiger, all he had to do was see the loot was invested wisely and er didn't.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 helvetica

SkepticOne wrote: »
    Probably a good time to be going. The consequences of government economic policies are coming home to roost.

Have you been reading Obama? :D

Advertisement