Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams in a Dream

Options
  • 02-04-2008 10:07am

For the past few I've been having dreams that I've been dreaming. And in these dreams I wake up from my dream.

Take last night, for example. Myself and my brother were on a school bus on top of a steep hill. the driver had gotten out of the bus but left the handbrake on. These school kids then get on the bus and start shaking it, taking the handbrake off. As a result the bus careens down the hill backwards. Eventually it crashes and I then go flying out the window and hit the ground (I'm pretty sure I did)

I then wake up and tell my mother about this dream. She reassures me that it was just a dream but I tell her I could feel the pain.

And then I wake up, properly.

Does this happen to anyone else? It's happened at least 2 or 3 times this week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Sounds like a false awakening, when you think you're awake but really you're still dreaming. Only happened to me twice.
    Read about it first relating to Lucid Dreaming(see the sticky). Recording your dreams is another thing meant to help with lucid dreams. One time I woke up after a dream in the middle of the night, got a pad and wrote everything down and then went back to sleep. When I got up in the morning I found out that I hadn't actually written anything down, I'd never woken up.

Advertisement