Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's was your most mermorable xperience on Live?

• 02-04-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Mine was when I played co-op on Gears of War.

I stayed up with some Canadian guy till four am who explained to me how to chainsaw a locust in half. I still remember the sense of achievement when blood splattered all over the tv screen.... Gaming gold!

A close runner up was driving a warthog off the top of a hill, into the air and onto two Americans about to take the last flag in Vahalla. They never even saw me coming. And we went on to win :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

1 hour Defender achievement game in GRAW 2, proper team work!

Or maybe posting really high in League 1 in the time trials on Shinjuku Speedway in PGR3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I was going through a hot streak of COD4, and had around 70 kills to single digit deaths about 4 games in a row in Domination. Oh the abuse I got, everything from being a cheating arab to a dirty uncle fcuker :)

"ZOMG you cheatin fcukerz"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Too many, but a more recent fave: COD4 beta, fending off a full team on one side (dodgy balancing ftw), just me and some American guy on the other, we destroyed them completely, it was hilarious, we were untouchable.

Then playing Halo 3 with the guy a few months later and finding out he was a complete idiot... stereotypical American Halo player, complete with repeated use of the words "rape", "fag" etc. Quietly removed him from my friends list and ignored any further invites/requests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Do any of ye have any american friends you play with on a regular basis and enjoy playing with?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Beating "Mile High Club" on Veteran in COD4, took me fricking ages!!!!!! D3UC3 J3 will vouch for that :pac:

Doing onside kicks in Madden games when my opposition can't change formation, so funny listening to them go crazy at how cheap a move it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Random1

calling in a UAV on COD4 twice in one game. simply amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You mean helicopter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Beating some **** in PGR4 who took delight in rear ending me at each corner for 3 laps.

Beat him at his own game on the last corner and he finished last :)

hate ***** like that in driving games. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Getting the "2000 points online" achievement in Marble Blast Ultra (not special in itself, but it was the last one I need to get the full 200 points for the game).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

FIFA 08 : be a pro mode

playing with some lads from dublin against lads from england.
    they gave us all sorts of abuse at the start, calling us the usual, paddy c*nt etc.

we were two nil down, same abuse after each goal and HT
    we brought it back to 2-2, saying nothing. i scored the winner in injury time from 25 yards. we went mental, the abuse was serious, loved it

also in be a pro mode, was playing with some lads, villa against birmingham. was the weekend of the eduardo game and one lad was saying how taylor was a legend and they loved him, etc., he chose him for the game. after about 5 minutes i slid in wiht a tackle and injured him, had to be taken off. i just thought that was funny :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I have a diffrent one every few weeks !! Getting the ''to close to the sun '' achievment in Halo 3 by killing 2 choppers and a mongoose full of people. I have a sick screenshot of it on my bungie.com profile.

Loads of capture the flag comraderie with my mate also.

Most recent was clearing all the Terrorist hunt Maps on realistic CO OP in RB62.

Somethimes i sit and wonder what the hell the world was like before xbox live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

One of the most memorable was when a load of us boardsies were playing COD4 one day

Came up against these 3 Scottish lads who absolutely milled us in domination. I have to say fair play to them though they were very humble and no thrash talking at all. Jokingly we told them that in the next round they could only use pistols.

So in the next round they only used pistols, still hammered us though :o . It was some display

I haven't seen the likes of it since. Simply on a different skill level than anything I've seen on live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Playing GOW with a mate for 8hrs... I've no idea how we where still winning games by 4am as we where twisted.

Beating the same mate about 20 times in a row COD4, it was my first time to play it n he'd had it for 2 months at that stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Playing sniper in COD 4 and killing the same guy in the same spot twice before he commenced a hunt on me and through some very tactical cat and mouse games managed to kill him 5 more times without taking a scratch. I can only imagine how much he was cursing me. I was grinning like a fool the whole time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Playing Halo3 against a yank newbie and getting absolutly whuuped.

In the aftergame lobby, I was eating humble pie but he started asking questions like "So you're a level 27 captain huh, thats seems pretty cool, uoi musta played a lot of games?"

I of course agreed and took this as a compliment, with my mighty skillz and thought this guy's ok for a yank, until he said :
    "And I'm an total newbie, and I completely raped you, raped you in the face."
    And then exited.

Man I hate Americans.

Funny now though, I was played, played like a sukka.:o

Getting the last kill in "crash" on COD4 in a lazarus-esque comeback by kamikaze-jumping off the top of the 3-storey building and knifing some yank in the face.

Rambostyle ftw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Playing Bloc in CoD4 one day. Other team decided to be all clever and hide in their Ghilly suits up one of the blocs sniping folk, with two others providing backup at the door. I just promptly wander in, knife the two guards, knife the two snipers (who somehow hadn't noticed my presence) and send in a helicopter. Its rare for me to become a one man army, so is always fun when I do :)

Also, those capture the flag moments in Halo 3 where you and a team-mate Mongoose on up to the flag in High Ground and fly back to your base with bullets buzzing all around. Even better those one or two times when the driver was killed mid-flight and I had to hop off and leg it down on my own. Great visceral action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Taking out full team on COD4 and Search and Destroy on Wetwork with just a knife. Amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Telling some Americans how Ireland is bigger than America and them saying "oh yeah! it is..." on COD4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Mr Lahey

Pgr4 against a belgian and a swiss guy. The 3 of us in F50's on the harbour track with the 2 long bridges. So evenly matched at one stage we were side by side at full tilt the full length of the bridge. Fantastic race, completely clean and i won of course. Have watched the replay a couple of times. Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mine is a bit different.

My best moment on Live was last November, the FIFA Interactive World Cup (im a competitive FIFA player). Basically the world had 1 week to win as many games as they could and the highest ranked player in each country at the end of the week went to Amsterdam to compete for $20000.

On the Sunday, at 11:55, sitting at 14th overall and not another Irish player in the top 100, that moment i knew id won. Happy days.

My best casual moment was probably... My 28 kills 5 deaths rampage in COD4, i was pretty untouchable that game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Great thread!

Mine was in Halo 3 - Team Slayer on Rats Nest.

Standing in the middle of the road with a warthog full of the other team attempting to mow me down... dropped a grav lift into it's path and jumped away. The 'hog sailed into the air and straight into a wall! The survivors were easy pickings!

Full screengrab here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Robbing a .50cal off some dead veteran in COD4 and getting about 20 kills in a row with it. Not usually a sniper but can't resist that "BOOM" when you pull the trigger. Went shooting with my own gun that evening, meh!
    2371857226_e703a8999b.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hmmm.... must buy COD4.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

The time me and a friend were playing Multi Team Team Slayer on the Pit, Were losing Badly Winning team wwas on 25 or so we were on 2 or 3.. Then he says, "ah F**K this lets turn it on and win" over team speak, we went on to win by ten.

Also Getting A kilpocalypse.

Gaining 17 levels in 10 matches in Team Doubles.

There are so many..........
    dazftw wrote: »
    Do any of ye have any american friends you play with on a regular basis and enjoy playing with?

Yea Quite a few, Some are real nice and really good to talk to. Most of them are idiots though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

during the cod4 beta, listening to 3 guys talking about some glitch where they could all get into a wardrobe (in some house) on overgrown. Shot the 3 of them through the wall :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

gating 38 kills ot of 50 in team saler was my bast exp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Played one of the team based multiplayer games on saints row. Was some american teenager on my team who was taking it way too seriously and giving out shit to everybody for getting killed and not winning basically.

So I turned on him and then next 10 minutes were pretty hilarious. Every time I killed him he'd go fucking insane. I had the headset on mute so just listened to him go mental. Was pure quality. I'd leave him alone for a little while and he'd go back to trying to win the game and then I'd kill him when he was getting somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

Vegeta wrote: »
    One of the most memorable was when a load of us boardsies were playing COD4 one day

Came up against these 3 Scottish lads who absolutely milled us in domination. I have to say fair play to them though they were very humble and no thrash talking at all. Jokingly we told them that in the next round they could only use pistols.

So in the next round they only used pistols, still hammered us though :o . It was some display

I haven't seen the likes of it since. Simply on a different skill level than anything I've seen on live.

ah man, that was some game alright...
    we got completely destroyed in both of those games!

that was a memorable moment alright ;)

also, and colmise will vouch for this, playing team deathmatch in a ground war on bloc. entire enemy team are sniping at that gap in the wall/stairwell around where flag A is in domination. our team entirely pinned down. i managed to crawl my way to the building on our right, through that and in around the back of them. took out the first three guys with knife, and then heard colmise and the other guys on my team breaking their **** laughing just going "what the f**k... who's in behind them!?" and then them just explaining how they're all just watching me creep around behind the last few guys and knifing them through their scopes... they were even nice enough not to shoot any of the enemy to see if i could take out the intire team in one go with a knife... never had a match quite like that again :D

GT: under glass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

29 Kills and 1 Death in COD4 and whats worse is it was 1 kill 1 death so thats a 28 kill streak :O

Advertisement