Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Restaurant in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Apart from the spare ribs, the Chinese in Coolaney is reallt cr*p - most of the dishes look & taste the same... bland, bland, bland.

I love the chinese in Coolaney, especially the sweet and chilli chicken...yum

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm heading over in this direction over the next short while for a weekend. I've had a read this thread but if there's anywhere that I should definitely try please point me in the right direction. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

try the venue in strandhill(about 2-3 miles outa town) their steak and fish are well tasty and the chicken wings.................well where do i start. They are unreal tasty.

If you want to stay in town the try Poppadoms on oconnell street. its a very good injun place. Recomend the lamb chetinad.

Or the bistro on same street for great pizza.

there is always mollies but that is for another forum!!

frag

Has anyone tried the Thai place tom yams in the quayside shopping centre??
    What ya think?

I got a takeaway today and it was savage good. Very tasty, great portions and very very reasonable price.

Would defo recommend it if your hungry!!

yom yom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

frag420 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Thai place tom yams in the quayside shopping centre??
    What ya think?

I got a takeaway today and it was savage good. Very tasty, great portions and very very reasonable price.

Would defo recommend it if your hungry!!

yom yom

where about is it? never sen it. I love thai!!

• Advertisement

its where the cornerstone was in the quayside shopping centre. door in is at the front beside MBT shoe shop.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

its where the cornerstone was in the quayside shopping centre. door in is at the front beside MBT shoe shop.

Enjoy

Same people own it.... Cornerhouse by day, Tom Yam by night. Different offer for different market, very clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I've heard that they do an offer in conjunction with the cinema. For €16(I think) you can get a 2 course meal and a cinema ticket for free, bare in mind a ticket to the cinema now costs €9 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I've heard that they do an offer in conjunction with the cinema. For €16(I think) you can get a 2 course meal and a cinema ticket for free, bare in mind a ticket to the cinema now costs €9 or so.
    Yep, they do something like that alright.

Haven't.. must try it!

OT: Cinema is €9? Haven't been to the cinema since The Dark Knight (as far as I remember). Think they do Wednesday tickets for under a €5.. but at €9 a ticket, no wonder movie piracy is booming!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LadyDotty

Oh I love Tom Yam, have been a couple of times now, lovely lovely food, and so fresh. Although I always get a black bean and mushroom dish.. always

OT: Salvation Night Club is the deal ye were speaking about above. The Clarence accepts cinema tickets as concession passes getting you in for €5(cinema half price every wednesday)

• Advertisement

me mrsT and the wee ones have to try it soon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

me mrsT and the wee ones have to try it soon!!

It's a date, darling ;). When?

Mrs.T wrote: »
    It's a date, darling ;). When?

Somwhere next week? Wednesday or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Somwhere next week? Wednesday or something like that?

Let me check my the wee man's diary :D

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Let me check my the wee man's diary :D

Aye he is bl**dy busier then we are!!! Let me know if there is a gap somewhere!!

Culchie wrote: »
    Same people own it.... Cornerhouse by day, Tom Yam by night. Different offer for different market, very clever.

Is the previous owner not cooking burgers on the street outside the food experience now??

I heard they left/got told to leave. Food was never great there b4 anyway. so much better now.

nyom nyom

Cant wait to try it out!

we give a review when we did!!

Is the previous owner not cooking burgers on the street outside the food experience now??

I heard they left/got told to leave. Food was never great there b4 anyway. so much better now.

nyom nyom

Don't know where you got that info ...as I said same owners as cornerhouse. Turns into a Thai at night.

Maybe you are going back a few years?

The burgers outside of food experience are great aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I got a Chinese from Justins Restaurant in Ballisodare. Must admit, it wasn't great. I got a chicken curry with fried rice. The curry sauce tasted like it had been prepared a few days earlier and left lying in the plastic box, there was a layer of residue on the top, so I have a feeling it was just heated up. Also the fried rice tasted a bit funny.
    I believe the Chinese in Cooloney is great, wish I had driven the bit further to try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Had Tom Yam the other day.. was nice, not outstanding but decent.

basquille wrote: »
    Had Tom Yam the other day.. was nice, not outstanding but decent.

Was there this evening, got take out for 4 people, so got a bit of everyting.

The different dishes ranged from average to very good .... so probably 7/10 average would be my assessment.
    But in fairness, the reasonable price represents good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Had food in the new place over the Strand the other day - expensive, well presented, good quality food... but a tad lacking on seasoning.. can't think of the name of the place though - it's just opened, so they may improve over time.

Had food in the new place over the Strand the other day - expensive, well presented, good quality food... but a tad lacking on seasoning.. can't think of the name of the place though - it's just opened, so they may improve over time.

what sort of food do they serve?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Which Chinese Takeaway is the best now in Sligo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

devil-80 wrote: »
    Which Chinese Takeaway is the best now in Sligo?
    Sakura by a mile

I have to disagree there. I found it very nice and it's a sort of fine food in a relaxed atmosphere. Half the price of Donaghys or the same price as the venue,only the food isn't rustic and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

greetings wrote: »
    Sakura by a mile

By at least twice that.

Four and a half miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I haven't had a Chinese in Sligo for ages now, ever since I moved out to the 'wilds'. But I grabbed a quick takeaway on Friday from Sakura and boy I forgot how good they were. I have to agree, they are Numero Uno for Chinese food in Sligo.

Advertisement