Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:: My Quick Portfolio Site::

Options
  • 02-04-2008 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Ive just done up a quick portfolio website with some of my web stuff and some artwork. Still need to work on the banners throughout the site plus need to build up the copy on the index but other than that : What do ya think?
    SITE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Nice job. Your artwork in your portfolio is cool

Just on the homepage, youre xternal links to your designed sites are broken...

<a href="www.irishgadgetoffers.com">

Just lash in http:// before www.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pres

thanks!
    just realised that a good few of the sites are missing too! Doh! gonna have to sort that out later!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nice site, looks well. The only one thing i would say is the spacing on the tab for webdesign looks off, it looks like theres an extra space between the D and E in design, maybe its just the choice of font. Apart from that it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The gradient background to the images doesn't blend the background.
    Could it be made into a GIF with transparency? (PNG with transparency would be better but, IIRC IE6 has issues with PNG transparency).

As the background is a solid colour, you could keep the thumbnails as jpegs and make a gradient to match the background, but it would have to be changed if you changed the background from green.
    The issue is minor and the gradient does 'lift' the thumbnails off the page. Just letting you know about it.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

daymobrew wrote: »
    The gradient background to the images doesn't blend the background.
    Could it be made into a GIF with transparency? (PNG with transparency would be better but, IIRC IE6 has issues with PNG transparency).

As the background is a solid colour, you could keep the thumbnails as jpegs and make a gradient to match the background, but it would have to be changed if you changed the background from green.
    The issue is minor and the gradient does 'lift' the thumbnails off the page. Just letting you know about it.
    Slight derail-- nice portfolio daymobrew, just spotted something you might want to clear up; a wayward div has escaped into view at the footer of it:

daymobrew_portfolio_mistype_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

CuLT wrote: »
    Slight derail .. a wayward div
    Thanks. Fixed. I should put my files into source control so I can see when the error crept in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pres

fixed all the web links btw

Advertisement