Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opening .pdf

• 02-04-2008 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have an issue

if i see a .pdf link on a website and click on it, i only get the option to save rather than open directly ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Do you have a pdf reader installed? Does it have a browser plugin?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Sorry for not stating the obvious, there is Adobe reader 8.0 and also adobe writer pro 6.0 ?

David

And the browser?

Ie 6

• Advertisement

Hay, thanks for that,

what i did in the end was goto edit>preferences>internet> there was a tick in "display PDF in browser" which i just removed and replaced and it worked!

jetski wrote: »
    Hay, thanks for that,

what i did in the end was goto edit>preferences>internet> there was a tick in "display PDF in browser" which i just removed and replaced and it worked!
    Cool, for anyone else the complete instructions on the page are:
    In Adobe Reader, choose Edit > Preferences (Windows/UNIX) or Acrobat > Preferences (Mac OS), and select Internet under Categories.

Display PDF In Browser Displays any PDF opened from the web in the browser window. If this option is not selected, PDFs open in a separate Acrobat window. On Mac OS, if you have installed versions of Adobe Reader and Acrobat, you can select which application and which version to use. This option isn’t available for UNIX, however browser preferences can be set in Edit > Preferences and select Internet under Categories, then either type the following path or browse to /usr/bin/firefox and then click OK.

Allow Fast Web View Downloads PDFs for viewing on the web one page at a time. If this option is not selected, the entire PDF downloads before it is displayed. If you want the entire PDF to continue downloading in the background while you view the first page of requested information, also select Allow Speculative Downloading In The Background.

Allow Speculative Downloading In The Background Allows a PDF to continue downloading from the web, even after the first requested page appears. Downloading in the background stops when any other task, such as paging through the document, is initiated in Acrobat.

Connection Speed Choose a connection speed from the menu. This setting is also used by the multimedia plug-in. This option isn’t available for UNIX.

Internet Settings [or Network Settings] Click to open the Internet or network connection dialog box or panel for your computer. For more information, consult your operating system Help, your Internet service provider, or your local network administrator. This option isn’t available for UNIX.

Advertisement