Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i to i volunteering in south east asia

• 02-04-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone doine this before? It is worth doing? I may not have the chance to do a full year volunteering but I'd like to do at least a month during my rtw trip. I'm thinking Thailand, Vietnam or Cambodia

The i to i website looks quite like a holiday brochure, is it really worth it from a moral point in view? Is it seen as a bit of an easy way to do volunteering whist on a trip in order to make you feel better about yourself or is it important to help in any way you can?

Let me know if you have done it before, I'd like to do it tbh..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i'm volunteering in thailand for a month or two this summer. tbh you'd be mad handingover 3k to i to i. yes its true they get you a telfa course but you could arrange that yourself and besides most places will accept you without one as long as you're a native english speaker. i ti i is a profit making company, none of that money will go to the causes.

f you have lots of money then just donate it when you're over there. theres lots of places to volunteer, some prefer those with teaching experience, some have rooms you can stay in ect... im going to work at mirror art group.
    check it out online. its about helping the hill tribes in the northern region and helping the region in general.
    i pay 190 € or there abouts for a month long stay in the hill tribe region of Chiang Rai, that covers food five days a week and a decent place (ie, roof over my head, electricity, sharing with others) to stay. you'll teach english for a few hours five days a week and also do whatever else needs to be done for the organisation. you'll get weekends off plus they throw in some bonus's as well. it was recommendated to me by another organisation and i've seen it mentioned in some travel guides.

you're leaving it a bit late so get straight to the gp for your injections, for thailand you need to the hep b (among others, ie. hep a, the three in one) and you need one of those a month for three months before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elambra

you're leaving it a bit late so get straight to the gp for your injections, for thailand you need to the hep b (among others, ie. hep a, the three in one) and you need one of those a month for three months before you go.

huh? are you talking to me? why do you think I'm leaving it a bit late, do you know when I am going? Also do you know whether I've gotten my injections? and why do you think I don't know what injections to get :confused:

okay chill out i was just trying to be helpful i just figured as you hadnt everything planned to go yet (what you'll be doing exactly and exactly where you'll be) you mightn't have your shots got yet. did i miss something or did someone feel gumpy today..:pac:

Advertisement