Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 controller

• 02-04-2008 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

one of my wireless controllers keeps disconnecting itself after bout 10mins as im plyin, its not the batterys as i put new 1's in and same prob. i've never had a prob wit my other controller so i was hopin some1 would know wats goin on? i'll prob just have to bring it bak to the shop when i get time and if i can find d receipt!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

You said your using batteries? Not the offical battery you get with the console? Maybe there not strong enough I used to put batteries into my digita camera and it would work for about a minute..

Are they good make batteries?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SuB-Zero_Ire

its not the batterys as i swaped them with the other controller i hav and the other controller has no prob no matter which batterys i put in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

hmm I dunno so mate pad is probably faulty..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

aye if other pad with the same batteries is working then you've got a doinked pad by the sounds of it.

One or two frustrating instances on live perhaps that controller bore the brunt of??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

This happened me twice tonight playing Colin McRea rally. Console is 2 weeks old. I noticed the rings on the controller flashing a lot, sometimes disappearing, then coming back to the normal 1st light lit while playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Is it the one you got with the console sub zero or the other one you bought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mmmm.

fyi:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/accessories/wirelesscontroller-troubleshoot.htm

* Move the controller closer to the console.
    * Make sure the batteries are fresh.
    * Keep the console and controller at least three feet away from large metal objects, such as file cabinets, mirrors, and refrigerators.
    * Metallic decorations or stickers on the console or controller can interfere with wireless controller performance. Remove decorations and try connecting again.
    * Make sure the front of the console is positioned in the direction of the controller.
    * Cordless phones (2.4 GHz), wireless LANs, wireless video transmitters, microwave ovens, some mobile/cell phones, and Bluetooth headsets can interfere with the operation of the controller. Turn these off or unplug them and retry connecting.
    * If nothing else works, turn off your console, remove and reinsert the AA battery pack into the controller, and the repeat the steps given in Connect Your Controller.

its prob just a faulty controller so and its not the 1 that came wit the console so it should b easy enough 2 get replaced since there's not even a scratch on it. i first noticed it happenin at a maits link up so **** frustratin even 10 mins gettin disconnected nd no1 knew wat was happenin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Biro wrote: »
    This happened me twice tonight playing Colin McRea rally. Console is 2 weeks old. I noticed the rings on the controller flashing a lot, sometimes disappearing, then coming back to the normal 1st light lit while playing.

Thats just the batteries dying, it flashes to warn you they are low.

As for the OP's problem, probably a faulty controller, when I fist got my xbox one of my A buttons went stiff and I called microsoft and told them, they told me to send it back and they'd send me a new one, before I had time to send it I got the new one! Still use the other now its actually not that bad, ha.
    Anyway, the point is to call microsoft they should sort it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Julez wrote: »
    Thats just the batteries dying, it flashes to warn you they are low.

As for the OP's problem, probably a faulty controller, when I fist got my xbox one of my A buttons went stiff and I called microsoft and told them, they told me to send it back and they'd send me a new one, before I had time to send it I got the new one! Still use the other now its actually not that bad, ha.
    Anyway, the point is to call microsoft they should sort it out!

I see, cool - thanks! I thought I'd get some sort of red warning light or something. I also though the batteries would last longer than two weeks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Batts last about 20hours of gameplay.

Pick up a play and charge kit and a charge last for 25hours but of course you can play away while charging.

I was in the middle of a battle with two scarabs in Halo3 when I discovered low batteries - absolutely flew down to the shop to buy the play and charge kit. Only could get one in white despite owning the Elite console - black controllers. Doesn't bother me but the black accessories seem more difficult to source on the high street.

no its not the 1 i got with the xbox, i'm gonna get the charge kit and c if that does anything and if not im gonna get it replaced!
    nice1 lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Pay the extra few quid for the Quick charge kit! Much better than the play and charge.

??? Wireless with a wire??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Have you tried syncing it again with the console?

This might change the channel. Its most likely interference from other devices. What does the battery meter read when this is happening (press guid button/Xbox button on controller) and a little icon on it shows battery strength with lines.

Advertisement