Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pole required to recieve ice

Options
  • 02-04-2008 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Really like the boards!
    Not sure if correct forum for this question but but it is BB related so here goes :

I had icebroadband for the past 6 months, service level varied but it was the best I could get in were i live (nrth co dublin). To pick up the broadband we had to put a pole up 35ft in the air.

Bad weather and a combination of other things(lashing wire tied to trees and some of pole steel some of it aluminium) caused pole to come down.

Basically I need a new pole and also someone to put it up- has anybody any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

manufan16 wrote: »
    Basically I need a new pole and also someone to put it up- has anybody any ideas?

Bummer, its the same as a TV Aerial pole so a TV aerial installer I should think.

Better pour some concrete first for the cable stays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Surely Ice would be responsible for keeping their equipment functional?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Try and get Ice to fix it. Be firm and polite but basically say fix it or I'll cancel the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

thanks for the replys guys

ice are/were responsible for the bit on the very top of the pole, the rest we are responsible as when it was originally put up we rented a height for hire truck and the guy that climbed the pole is now retired so wont do it again.

I must google 'TV aerial installer ' and hope there are some still in business with everything being sat dishes now it might prove difficult!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

thanks for the replys guys

ice are/were responsible for the bit on the very top of the pole, the rest we are responsible as when it was originally put up we rented a height for hire truck and the guy that climbed the pole is now retired so wont do it again.

I must google 'TV aerial installer ' and hope there are some still in business with everything being sat dishes now it might prove difficult!

cheers

Cahill Tv Aerials in West Meath are the only ones around I know of whom still erect monopole's and climb them. Did it myself too for a long time, but gave it up after a major fright I had a few years back!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

cheers bigpaddy- the highest anybody I have tried so far will go is 10ft which is not much use to anyone, i will give cahills a try:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

cheers bigpaddy- the highest anybody I have tried so far will go is 10ft which is not much use to anyone, i will give cahills a try:-)

Up to 20ft is usually no problem, but any higher you really want staywires and get'em decent mounted.

Even if ice installed the pole, it becomes part of the house after the installation, legally. Most wireless ISPs have contacts to installers, so maybe ICE can get you in contact with an aerial installer, too, if all fails.

/Martin

Advertisement