Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Light Fittings

Options
  • 02-04-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A friend has bought these Lidl Light fittings, and has been told by an electrician not to bother having them fitted, as they blow too easily.

Anyone hear of this, or any experience with them? I would have imagined they would have to be up to Irish safety specs, to be allowed to sell them here.

Any information appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

sueme wrote: »
    Hi all,

A friend has bought these Lidl Light fittings, and has been told by an electrician not to bother having them fitted, as they blow too easily.

Anyone hear of this, or any experience with them? I would have imagined they would have to be up to Irish safety specs, to be allowed to sell them here.

Any information appreciated.

Have you a link or a picture? :)

The specs don't mean they won't blow frequently I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

No, Mr Magnolia, can't find any pics, they were one of the specials, so theres nothing on the website.

I reckon he should give them a shot anyway, if they are dodgy, return them then.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Coolio. You could check the unit for a make & model either. Worth a shot regardless as you say :)

Advertisement