Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the highest FSB people are getting out of their 680i's?

• 02-04-2008 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

I have an E6600 and I comfortably got 400FSB out of it and it dovetailed nicely with my RAM and a 3.6ghz OC.

I am upgrading and looking at one of the new Yorkfield Quads perhaps the Q9450, but this comes with an already high FSB, and a low Multiplier so for a decent OC I will really need to be able to crank up the FSB. 400mhz will only take me to 3.2Ghz of an OC, so to hit the heights of 3.6Ghz plus (this is a watercooled rig) I will need to hit 450mhz plus.

Inqui

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

on my evga 680i, and e6600, i start to feel the effects at around 420 (3780Mhz), havnt really bothered to push it further, but i recon my limit is sumwhere in that region, maybe 433 (ish)

edit ; actual LIMIT for my board is prob like 450 tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

since the 780i is just a remake of the 680i this migth be relevent. But i can hit 500mhz no hassle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Ive never been able to get stable past 400Mhz with mine.

Its being rma'd atm so I'll get back into OC'ing when its back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I'm @ 445 with my E8500 on an Evga 680i.

PS. I didn't think that the Q9450 is compatible with the 680i mobo?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye it seems it's not, the 45nm Dualies work with a Bios upgrade, but not the Quads. Guess it's gonna be a mobo upgrade too..........have to say that sucks a fair bit.

Not really started boing my full due diligence yet, am still waiting on my Mountain mods case to arrive at over-clock.co.uk 6 weeks and counting so far.

Inqui

• Advertisement
Advertisement