Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick question on NCT test

Options
  • 02-04-2008 1:14pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all. Just wondering how long the NCT test takes to complete. Ive mine at 18.50 today so im wondering should I wait around or will it take an hour or two?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

have had to do it 3 times with different cars and in general it didnt take any longer then an hour. the tests were also in 3 different test centres.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Excellent. I might stick about for it. Or in the general area. By the time im home id have to leave again to collect it.

Fingers crossed so.

Good Luck with it. There are viewing areas so you can see them [FONT=&quot]torturing your car which is quite good.
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

If the car is in good condition and passes it shouldn't take much more than a half hr. None of the 4 tests i've done lasted longer than 30 mins anyway.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Its in excellent condition AFAIK.
    Brakes are grand IMO
    Tires are new
    Exhaust is new since about 6 months ago
    All electronics are working
    Checked the fluid levels and there all within their peramitters

Only thing im worried about are lights not being level or if bad luck strikes and a bulb goes as im on the way there.

Do wheel nut covers have to be removed? One of mine broke off about a year ago and I glued it back on... actually, that raises questions as to how my new tires were put on and then the nut cover put back on after the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Do wheel nut covers have to be removed?

Yes. They need to inspect the wheel nuts. My car failed because the previous owner had put them on backwards on one of the wheels :rolleyes:

I wouldnt worry bout it too much, i think wheel nuts is only a visual inspection and if it fails on this then the re-test is free. maybe zilog knows for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yes it's just a visual inspection, so the re-test is free.

Advertisement