Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Cowen

Options
  • 02-04-2008 1:19pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Well it looks like our next Taoiseach is going to be Brian Cowen. He is a Laois\Offaly TD.
    Is this good news for Laois\Offaly? Will Offaly see all the benefits as he is from Clara\Tullamore area.

Will it make F all difference.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

would be brilliant if laois/offaly did receive the benefit of it. Cant believe Bertie has handed in his coat. i mean, he was a neighbour of mine and he is a nice guy.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Nice guy but he was a cute whore. The man did have charisma. Don't think Brian Cowen will come anywhere close.

Our next Taoiseach

bald-monkey.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I hope it means one of the main departments will decentralise to Portarlington and not the joke of 20 jobs here and there that came our way. Needless to say I'm a Civil Servant.

Not a FF supporter but I've always admired Cowen. Not you're usual bull****ter of a TD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

kikel, now now be nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Bout time Bertie went.... Cowan doesnt have the same aura.... but then again then again that mightnt be a bad thing, less chance he's gonna be the same con man Bertie turned out to be.
    Would have preferred if there was somebody there that had shown the guts to go for Berties throat once it was obvious he was taking the mick.
    Hopefully Cowan will do some good for the commuter counties.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

not much to say about the whole thing except gr8 pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Roaster wrote: »
    I hope it means one of the main departments will decentralise to Portarlington and not the joke of 20 jobs here and there that came our way. Needless to say I'm a Civil Servant.

Not a FF supporter but I've always admired Cowen. Not you're usual bull****ter of a TD.

It still looks like portlaoise to benifit from the decentralisation. Probobly eduaction in tullamore will benifit more aswell.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,451 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

it will have to be a good thing for the midlands region if our next taoiseach comes from here.
    personally i like cowen, hes an articulate confident intelligent man, and not in the same 'cute whure' ilk of bertie. hopefully we've seen the last of his kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

kikel wrote: »
    Well it looks like our next Taoiseach is going to be Brian Cowen. He is a Laois\Offaly TD.
    Is this good news for Laois\Offaly? Will Offaly see all the benefits as he is from Clara\Tullamore area.

Will it make F all difference.

Imo f all difference

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭DOS

I feel that Laois will actually loose out because of this. Offaly will be first in the queue to get anything that goes to the midlands. The Westmeaths will do better than Laois as Clara is closer to Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

I don't know bout westmeath doing better than laois, the Constituency is Laois/Offaly, and if Mr Cowen wants to stay in government he should look after his WHOLE constituency ;)

Advertisement