Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new build + well - recommendations for water treatment

Options
  • 02-04-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,
    I had a well bored last autumn and have no treatment yet. The folks who installed the pump said the water was likely to have iron and manganese from previous experience in the area (midlands, near bog). The taste of the water would confirm the presence of iron. The pump installers also gave a rough idea of what kind of treatment would be needed and a rough price.

I would like to get some other opinions and recommendations before making a decision. For example
    • should I get water sampled and tested independently of treatment system installer ?
    • if so, would anyone have recommendations for labs who do this ?
    • any ideas of costs for water testing ?
    • would anyone have recommendations for treatment system installers in midlands area ?
    • should I get water sampled and tested after treatment installation also ?
    • what kind of guarantees should I look for from treatment system installers ?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement