Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic recalled

Options
  • 02-04-2008 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Not sure if this has been posted yet..

25 March 2008

Honda is recalling 79,000 Civics due to problems with the handbrake. The manufacturer launched an investigation into the problem after it had received numerous complaints about cars rolling away.

Engineers found that when the handbrake was applied while pressing the release button, there was a risk of it not latching sufficiently to hold the vehicle on an incline.

A Honda spokesperson said, “Honda UK has sent letters to customers advising them to book their car into a dealership to have the new handbrake fitted free of charge”.

The problem affects cars manufactured between July 2006 and October 2007.

The carmaker has also advised those affected by the problem to apply the handbrake as per the owner’s manual instructions. Honda stated, “If these directions are followed, the handbrake’s efficiency won’t be affected”.

Civic owners can call the special helpline on 0800 707 6668 for further details.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Honda-Civic/231889/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

One thing ive noticed having owned 4 hondas so far is that the handbrakes sucked in them all,especially on hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Not to justify it, but that's 79,000 people that need to learn to park their cars in 1st gear or P.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have a Civic built between those dates. I saw plenty of stuff about this on a UK Civic forum but they had that recall months ago. Not a word from Universal Honda about it here. Like the above though, I always park it in gear, and who presses the release button when they're engaging the brake?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

I have had 3 civic's and had this problem in them all!!!
    Mind you that is the only problem I have had with them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

You would be amazed the amount of people who park their cars and leave them in neutral... the mind boggles..

• Advertisement
Advertisement