Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensation in Windows

Options
  • 02-04-2008 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Has anyone experienced condensation inside any of their windows? One of the seals on the door to the garden appears to have broken and I now have condensation in between the double glazing panes. As we have been in for over a year, I'm guessing it won't be covered by warranty, but thought I would just ask around to see if anyone has had the same problem and if they have managed to get it sorted for them, without it costing a bomb!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

yep, sounds like the seal on the double glazing pane is gone. Get onto the builder whether its Durkan or whoever - there might be a guarantee for 5 years at least if not 10 years on those windows (which you bought from them with your home) - 1 year for windows is a bit shabby so I wouldn't let that go.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement