Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT in D9 dont answer their phone - eternal hold x 20 +

Options
  • 02-04-2008 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Ive tried them about 20 + times at least over two weeks.
    Anyone have the same problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Shur why would they.. they're not accountable to anyone.

Try phoning Tallaght Hospital.. same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

I just thought that as they are a license to print money for the govt that they would answer the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Why Tallaght?

thewing wrote: »
    Why Tallaght?
    Based on recent experiences. It took 5 days to get an answer from main reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Someone was supposed to give me a call back about 911 rates, that was 4 weeks ago...still waiting, but late now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You could try email. It only takes a few minutes (instead of spending hours on the phone)

They responded to my first email in about 2 weeks. My second email is still unanswered after about 6 weeks :rolleyes:

I guess if you need quicker results, you'll have to go in in person...

unkel wrote: »
    They responded to my first email in about 2 weeks. My second email is still unanswered after about 6 weeks :rolleyes:
    I had the same. I got a reply within a few days from Conway, Des (dconway@revenue.ie). I then asked him a follow up question and I'm still waiting on a reply. That was 11 months ago.

JHMEG wrote: »
    I had the same. I got a reply within a few days from Conway, Des (dconway@revenue.ie). I then asked him a follow up question and I'm still waiting on a reply. That was 11 months ago.

Yep, same here. I got a reply from Murphy, Martina (mmurphy@revenue.ie). I asked her a follow up question the same day (06/02/2008) and I'm still waiting for a reply too

You're already waiting 11 months for a reply How pathetic can these government services get? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Hopefully it will take them to July to process the post with my vrt payment in it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

it's the same everywhere... you have to go in person (and queue and watch them take tea breaks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mantaraver

A little tip that has worked for me in the past, is to change the last digit of the phone number by a few numbers each way. Hopefully that will connect to a different office of the same department.

mantaraver wrote: »
    A little tip that has worked for me in the past, is to change the last digit of the phone number by a few numbers each way. Hopefully that will connect to a different office of the same department.

LOL, you must be a Kafka fan :)

Advertisement