Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PES2008 vs FIFA2008

• 02-04-2008 2:18pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for people who've played both to tell me which they preferred. The plan is 4 controllers/4 mates so not too interested in SP or Live but was wondering which to get or importantly which is the most fun?

PES2008 vs FIFA2008 - Local Multiplayer Fun 45 votes

PES2008
    0% 0 votes
    FIFA2008
    48% 22 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    51% 23 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

PES has the solid gameplay it has always had and for four people to just pick up and have a go I think its the better option. FIFA is a little harder to score but also a good game, its the closest FIFA have ever come to being a better game than PES and you'll definitely have arguments that it is better and its not as invalid an argument as it has been in the past.
    Whichever one you end up getting will be a perfectly safe decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

PES is best with the mates. At least thats how i find it.

FIFA is a better game this year, but my opinion is based as someone who plays it online because PES is turd on this year.

Honestly, FIFA is great, but to slow with all the mates around, you need that fast paced thrill-action and there is no substitute for PES.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

FIFA is much better this year and online it's even way better than PES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

fifa for me this year

konami really messed up pes this time round whereas ea absolutely nailed fifa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yes PES is terrible online, but as this poll is for local mulitplayer, i'll pick pes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

both pes08 and fifia 08 arnt the best, but if i had to pick one id say fifa08(and thats comin from a PES fan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Pro evo 6 is better than both of them for one screen multiplayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Fifa's better for everything apart from playing against mates really, so go with pes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Only played a demo of Fifa 2008 and i found it HORRIBLY clunky. PES 2008 on the other hand, though not without it's flaws, still plays a better game of football by a country mile (last time I checked, that's about a mile)

So PES is the best but still needs vast improvement as it's stagnated in recent years, allowing FIFA to sneak up Solid Snake stylee

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Wow - practically neck and neck. PES seems to be edging it for me personally so far because of a few people saying its better for local mp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Offline I'd have to recommend PES - it's not without it's flaws (and makey-upey Team Names) but it plays a more fun and fluid game of Footy for local Multiplayer. It just feels more like Football should, if that makes sense. PES 2008 is a bit quicker and more likely to have a few goals in every game.

FIFA is alright, but still far too clunky for my liking.

Online is a completely different story - PES 2008 sucks more than any other thing that has ever sucked before. FIFA does really well this year, and has up to 5 v 5 online (not sure if you can multiple local players against another team online).

Of course, PES 2008 has one feature that's sure to liven up even the most dull local multiplayer games - Diving! Yeah, see if you can get one of your mates sent off or snag a dubious penalty. Always good for a laugh ... of course, it could backfire horribly and the ref will book you for play acting. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Offline and with mates you really have to go with ProEvo because its simple to pick up and anyone can score after a game or two.
    If you go fifa it will take hours for the newbie’s to get into the hang of it and you might not get the same fun as the other.

If you are buying I reckon fifa is by far the better game this year and I have been a fan of Konami since "Kick and Run" hit the arcade. I have had all the PES series but Fifa is where its happening this year. Also FIFA is only better on the 360 it seems very "arcady" on the PC and PS3.

Think the pick-up-and-play aspect of PES is starting to win me over.

The mates I'll be playing with don't have 360s so would only be playing it round my place. I'd like it if they could into it quickly and also get back into it quickly on return visits.

We used to have a great session going with PES4 or 5 I think on the Original Xbox but had to stop playing because we all got too good and lost the rag with the AI control side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

gotta say fifa is great for playing with mates, very easy to set up a small tournament and away you go!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Did I hear correctly that there is a Fifa 08 update that updates all the newest transfers etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Did I hear correctly that there is a Fifa 08 update that updates all the newest transfers etc?

Great feature, yup you heard correctly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Yeah but its not very accurate ..... i just seen michael owen score 2 in a match earlier lol

A mate loaned me both and despite finding PES easier to pick up and play (scored 2 in my first game) FIFA sold me on the Be a Pro. I know I specified for playing with mates but I love the be a pro mode.

So my mates will just have to spend some time getting to grips with the gameplay.

My god I'm ****e at it though - just can't get the f**kin ball off the computer in single player.

Advertisement