Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip or Monroe? or either at all...

Options
  • 02-04-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

I wana get something done this week end, other than my plugs it'll be my first mod.

i wa thinking about either of those, but im not sure.
    Any other idea lemme know

link you to my bebo so you can see pics, and see what it would look like on me.

http://bebo.com/thatcianone

CHANKS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

can't check bebo in work :(
    unless your name is deceiving I would guess you are a guy. Don't recall ever seeing a monroe on a guy, in person. It may suit you though, who knows. I will check later tonight.

But I'd go for a labret. Anyone else got ideas?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Wilburt wrote: »
    can't check bebo in work :(
    unless your name is deceiving I would guess you are a guy. Don't recall ever seeing a monroe on a guy, in person. It may suit you though, who knows. I will check later tonight.

But I'd go for a labret. Anyone else got ideas?

+1 (even for the blocked in work part!!)

I've seen a monroe on fella's before, didn't like it all to well though. I vote labret or medusa even.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Labret ftw... little spiked labrets are always good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Haha, ya big emo! Lawl! Eh neither would suit ya, tbh. I have a friedn who I am convinced IS you, but you have bigger lips, and his labrets just look plain stupid on him. But it's your choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I think a monroe would look really cool on you, then again I'm a massive fan of upper lip piercings, heh. doooo eeeeet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

neither :}

ok home now.
    Personally I think a centred labret would suit ya, but I prefer them so I'm a wee bit biased. An off-centre labret with a ring would also be pretty cool if ya want the "emo" look :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Off center lip ring FTW!!

Oh and a nose ring would look really nice too IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

If your only gonna get one I'd say the Monroe but otherwise get snakebites I think they look a lot better then a single lip piercing or you could take my approach and get madonna, monroe and snakebites. Get the monroe quite low to the lip it looks a bit girly if it's too high up imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Wow! wasnt expecting that many people to reply! haha
    class like!

thanks for all the input, give me a bit to think about untill saturday, hopefully i'll of made up my mind by then! haha

right now im thinking the monroe, and i will be getting the madona and snake bites after that aswell! i just wanted something nice to have first, cause it;ll be on its own for a good while like!

And the by the ways........
    I hate being called emo... dont listen to the stuff, nore am i depressed! hahaha
    Shelli, imma be getting my nose done too, small ring in both sides! :D

• Advertisement

And thanks by the way!
    really appretiate it! =]

wasnt trying to imply you were emo

also take everything here with a pinch of salt, its your body at the end of the day.

Oh no man, on get me wrong, i know what you mean, i ment it as sort of a joke like! haha

and yeah, i just like to get other peoples oppions, and i trust people here to be honest as well as, know what they're talking about! =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Vertical labrets look great, not many people have them either :D

I was planning on vertical snakebites, but i got 4 in my lip already :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hey cian, only just saw this thread now (12hr time dif and all..), but i reckon a close-to-the-lip monroe would quite suit you actually... you have quite full lower lips,a nd im not sure the labret would look all that great on them. but i can quite picture the monroe on you actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

hey cian, only just saw this thread now (12hr time dif and all..), but i reckon a close-to-the-lip monroe would quite suit you actually... you have quite full lower lips,a nd im not sure the labret would look all that great on them. but i can quite picture the monroe on you actually.
    whats a labret,sounds like french food to me (stupid me):rolleyes:

it's not actually a french word, you pronounce the 't'...

basically, it's a lip piercing.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Oh no man, on get me wrong, i know what you mean, i ment it as sort of a joke like! haha

and yeah, i just like to get other peoples oppions, and i trust people here to be honest as well as, know what they're talking about! =]

Lawl, I ment it!! Haha, jk!! Ya just look exactly like my mate. I personally am jealous of you peeps who can get facial piercings. :'( But, in my HONEST opinion neither would suit ya, and I reckon would only enhance your stereotype image? Why not try somethin different. I think it's your hair that gives you that stereotype. I dunno.... I'd maybe think of some ear work. But if you HAVE to have something on the lip, I would go with the monroe, middle upper lip. That is quite different. Especially on guys.

it's not actually a french word, you pronounce the 't'...

basically, it's a lip piercing.
    say it as t-abret sounds like tablet!:cool::D

It is labret, but rhymes with tablet.

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Labret

• Advertisement

It is labret, but rhymes with tablet.

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Labret
    so i go into a piercing shop and say "tablet" out loud they probably say "fu## off were not a chemist mate!":D:D

^^

Yeah. Not funny....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

CianRyan, I reckon a medusa would look cute on you.

davey180 wrote: »
    say it as t-abret sounds like tablet!:cool::D

and 'lable' sounds like 'table', but most people can figure it out anyway.

^^

Yeah. Not funny....
    your not funny either!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Right whatever.

Yeah, that's what I ment gauge. Couldn't remember their name. Jayz. But sometimes it can look god awful on some people.

davey180 wrote: »
    so i go into a piercing shop and say "tablet" out loud they probably say "fu## off were not a chemist mate!":D:D
    and 'lable' sounds like 'table', but most people can figure it out anyway.

Point I'm making is that it's pronounced "La-bret" as opposed to the way a lot of people pronounce it: "La-bray", as if it was a French word.

Lawl, I ment it!! Haha, jk!! Ya just look exactly like my mate. I personally am jealous of you peeps who can get facial piercings. :'( But, in my HONEST opinion neither would suit ya, and I reckon would only enhance your stereotype image? Why not try somethin different. I think it's your hair that gives you that stereotype. I dunno.... I'd maybe think of some ear work. But if you HAVE to have something on the lip, I would go with the monroe, middle upper lip. That is quite different. Especially on guys.

haha well iv cut my hair and its alot shorter now.
    Iv got plugs so my ears are going grand like.

what i want to do is like, snake bites + monroe and modona
    and if it doesnt suit me, i can always take them out like, it will be a bit of money down the drain, but at least i can say iv had them at some stage, and it'll be an experience if nothing else.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

just had a look, and I dunnae think you should get a monroe/madonna piercing. IMO, its such a feminine piercing (that many a scanger has ruined) and I don't think it would suit ye. If thats what yer goin for, then fire ahead :D i vote vertical labret or medusa (again!)

• Advertisement

Some one throw us a pic of a vartical labret?
    id look my self, but ya know... im lazy! :D

Advertisement