Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Forum Rocks!

Options
  • 02-04-2008 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

40 viewers now!!

It that our personal best?

EDIT - 44 now.... I wonder does it have something to do with the Dogging in Sligo thread.. oh well..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Every little helps in our plans for global domination! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Somehow I don't think this will last,we wont always have 40+ viewers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

20 of the 40 viewers have actually passed away at their PCs with the shock of the dogging news & never logged out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Wow 44! That must be the most ever on here at one time, dogging story or not :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

does this forum rock? no not really! moderators think they are God's

*turns and walks away*slams door*sulks in a corner*remembers why he cant stand people from Donegal*vows never to return (but problably will)*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Dogging and the countless locked threads probably helped.

Forums are only been locked because of the stupid replies in the posts.Some people just don't seem to think.

And for the brief time that everyone was a moderator it looks as if it was only the Sligo people that went crazy starting the most pointless forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

*turns and walks away*slams door*sulks in a corner*remembers why he cant stand people from Donegal*vows never to return (but problably will)*

Huffy much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Probably people running searches on "the Queen" :)

smashey wrote: »
    Huffy much?

Not really, only when I have to deal with irrational, dismissive and unaccountable individuals!

In fact I dont think I have ever had a issue with anyone at all on boards.ie with the except from on the sligo forum - its seems here that you either tow the party line or get threatened with having your account blocked. I think thats a disgraceful way to treat people tbh.

In my opinion this forum is over moderated - its been complained about on several occasions but it still goes on - seven locked threads on the page alone are testiment to that.

Am I the only one that thinks like this, maybe I am - maybe others are but are just too afraid to voice their opinion for fear of having there account blocked - but then again I am probably making too much of it of a minor issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

sueme wrote: »
    EDIT - 44 now.... I wonder does it have something to do with the Dogging in Sligo thread.. oh well..

What did I tell ye, sex sells!
    We need to sex this forum up a notch!

What did I tell ye, sex sells!
    We need to sex this forum up a notch!

I'm not wearing any underwear. :(

In my opinion this forum is over moderated - its been complained about on several occasions but it still goes on - seven locked threads on the page alone are testiment to that.

Am I the only one that thinks like this, maybe I am - maybe others are but are just too afraid to voice their opinion for fear of having there account blocked - but then again I am probably making too much of it of a minor issue.

No your not the only one. However to be fair, I think this has been addressed recently but there's probably more room for improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Seven threads of pure sh*te though! We have After Hours for that Muck!
    I like a bit of craic and all that but some of the last few threads have been rubbish!

I predict another lock-in.

I've put my underwear back on in protest.

Dogs that read isn't rubbish :D

Dogs that read isn't rubbish :D

Plus he's contributing to how the Sligo forum rocks. He may not be able to type due to the size of his paws, but my mutt is constantly here online. :)

Gillie wrote: »
    I like a bit of craic and all that but some of the last few threads have been rubbish!

Agree completely.

Gillie wrote: »

I'm not saying they wernt sh*te - I am just using it an example. I post regularly on a few different boards and this is the only one that always has thread locked or the ones with threads open have warnings on them and this is the only forum where I genuinely feel that the moderator would blocked your account just because s/he was in a bad mood that day - and then if you query him/her you dont ever get a genuine reply if you get a reply at all.

if you query him/her you dont ever get a genuine reply if you get a reply at all.

Not true. I have queried both mods here & received genuine replies. You're part of the problem - you're posting completely off topic. This is one of the reasons threads get locked. I don't always agree with the mods (you can't always agree 100% with anyone 100% of the time), but if you've problems with how the forum is moderated, there are means & ways to make your voice heard without being banned or having threads locked (which I'm sure this one will soon be).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

** runs in **

Phew, sorry i'm late.. but I had to appear in the scorch-mark of an ironing board to a woman in Knock.

Apologies if the following is harsh but i'm gonna lay it like it is:
    Take your complaints to 'Feedback'. If you don't like the way the forum is moderated, complain. And if you don't get a resolution or no-one listens, don't come back! We won't miss you.

We try and be objective in our moderation but the amount of off-topic nonsense and threads like 'Sligo Forum Rocks!' make it difficult.

The seven locked threads are due to a bit of fun over 'April Fools Day' - lighten the feck up!
    If you query him/her you dont ever get a genuine reply if you get a reply at all.
    Yes.. we should cater to your every need. If you don't get a response, just consider it that we don't like you. Simple as that!

I'm joking. It does happen on occasion that we're busy and forget. Some of us have full-time jobs. Send us another message and we'll try and get back to you.

And the thread lives on .... THIS FORUM ROCKS!

(I'm so happy I think I'll go dogging later)

Not true. I have queried both mods here & received genuine replies. You're part of the problem - you're posting completely off topic. This is one of the reasons threads get locked. I don't always agree with the mods (you can't always agree 100% with anyone 100% of the time), but if you've problems with how the forum is moderated, there are means & ways to make your voice heard without being banned or having threads locked (which I'm sure this one will soon be).

Fun because I thought you were more of a problem actually - I would love to know how many of my posts have been "off topic" - I would say very little and that in the year or so that I have been posting here I would have caused little or no disruption. Infact I limited my posting on this forum because I feel uncomfortable posting here because of the level of moderation.

Also you cant say "not true" - you can say "that's not true in my case" but not "not true" - I have had one PM go unanswered for over a month and when I raised the issue as to why it was ignored I was basically told to go away. Plain and simple Muffler uses bully boy tactics - its either shut up and do as s/he says or find another forum - and it shouldn't be like that.

I know the knives will be out for me know but I thinks its got to be said.

(thats my last word on the issue)

Fun because I thought you were more of a problem actually

Must be one of the perks of me being a west brit. :D

(thats my last word on the issue)

Methinks that might be your last word on anything for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fun because I thought you were more of a problem actually - I would love to know how many of my posts have been "off topic" - I would say very little and that in the year or so that I have been posting here I would have caused little or no disruption.
    Yes.. and posting your initial comment about the moderators of a forum thinking "they are gods" in the middle of a thread wasn't off-topic or liable to cause a disruption. Cop on!
    Infact I limited my posting on this forum because I feel uncomfortable posting here because of the level of moderation.
    Sure seems like it alright.

Both myself and muffler moderate this forum no different than any forum on Boards. The regional forums are more liable for threads going off-topic due to a community of people living in the same region and possibly know each other (personally or not),
    I have had one PM go unanswered for over a month and when I raised the issue as to why it was ignored I was basically told to go away. Plain and simple Muffler uses bully boy tactics - its either shut up and do as s/he says or find another forum - and it shouldn't be like that.
    Pics or it didn't happen! :D

If you feel hard done by, take it to 'Feedback'. That's what a poster here did last week when he felt he was unfairly banned (which I admit he was, by myself on a bad day) and it was resolved.

I have to lock this now before my blood starts to boil.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement