Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to ask him out?

Options
  • 02-04-2008 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Want to ask an old boyfriend out for a drink but don't want it to look like I am interested. How should I phrase the text?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

You have no control over whether he thinks you are interested or not to be honest, he is gonna make his own decision on that one.

Just ask him out, don't over complicate things from the get go.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

this is a bit of a mad text - but stay with me

"hi, fancy going for a beer next week"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Rudi33 wrote: »
    Want to ask an old boyfriend out for a drink but don't want it to look like I am interested. How should I phrase the text?

Are you actually interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Dragan wrote: »
    Just ask him out, don't over complicate things from the get go.

+1

Just ask him out, I'm sure he'll be able to tell by your body language on the night whether or not you're interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

IB, eventually i will get tired of your consistant sense talking.

But not today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

irishbird wrote: »
    this is a bit of a mad text - but stay with me

"hi, fancy going for a beer next week"

straight to the point! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

What Dragan and IB said.....

I think this is what pisses guys off most about some girls/women. At times a lot of us tend to over complicate things. Be straigh to the point, fancy a drink, if he says no, he isn't interested move on. If he said yeah sure, he is interested. Go for a drink and enjoy yourself. And don't be like some girls i know and over analyise the bloody thing to bits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Why do you want to ask him out?

Chances are, that, like any bloke being asked out, he's goign to think you are interested.

ARE you interested?

And wtf texting? What's the last time you saw him? Why don't you ring him?

Why are you getting into something with an ex?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

DesF stop overcomplicating things :p

DesF wrote: »
    Why do you want to ask him out?

Chances are, that, like any bloke being asked out, he's goign to think you are interested.

Would it not cross a mans mind that he could be in for the clap talk? ;)

I agree. If have you consider he might take it up wrong. Your not on friendly enough terms for it to be taken any other way.

• Advertisement

Jules wrote: »
    What Dragan and IB said.....

I think this is what pisses guys off most about some girls/women. At times a lot of us tend to over complicate things. And don't be like some girls i know and over analyise the bloody thing to bits!

Thinking like that isn't really a gender specfic thing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Would it not cross a mans mind that he could be in for the clap talk? ;)
    :eek:

Not mine.

Jays. Never even tohught of it.

OP, do you have the clap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Ok in similar situation to op.I really really like this guy at the momnet.We havent really spoke as such but we hang out in the same circles so I see him frequently.
    I dont usually like doing the asking cos its scared guys of before but I get a really tingly feeling with this guy that I havent got in yonks.
    I dont have his number so I can only really ask him out face to face. Whats the best way to approach this? Shall I just speak to him the next time I see him? Shall I just ask him for a drink?
    Or I was thinking of writing my number down on a piece of paper and slipping it to him?

Ahhhh I dont know what to do!I really like this guy and dont want to screw it up so thats why I've just been waiting for him to make a move,but niente!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

If he is an ex - did you dump him. If not then stear clear. Otherwise you will become a booty call.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

OP, send him a text saying "hey are you about for a pint next week"? Simple and to the point.

Panda - next time you're in his company just get him on his own a little bit away from the crowd and bring up some film/whatever that everyone is talking about and that you wouldn't mind seeing and ask him if he'd fancy going along.

Advertisement