Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's Mini Marathon

Options
  • 02-04-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Ladies!

I'm gonna do the marathon this year (first time last year!!) and would love to do it for a local charity. Anyone any idea if there is something/someone in Laois who is looking for money to be raised (no personal charidee's need apply!!!)

Also, anyone fancy doing it??? :D:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

yeh i wanted to do it for the craic. but like that no-one i know is doing it. :(

im sure theres a charity here. how about for the LSPCA????

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I've being threatening to this for the last few years. Never did it as in the last job i always had to work bank holidays. So maybe. Any opportunity to dress up in drag. :o

Here a picture of me dressed up in drag

cosplayer-weirdo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

LOL ~ you and PB could do it as Tranny and Sue-sinner!!!

04bun07.jpg

Rofl :d

Silent Rain are you coming?

CB010002.jpg?size=572&uid=%7B54D76E68-9CD5-47F0-80A9-286D32D75B57%7D

• Advertisement

lmao

OMG Kikel he'll kill you for putting that up! You promised him on Friday that it wouldn't leave your camera!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Nah it's ok, I dont mind that one, its the later ones that he's not allowed show.
    Apologies ladies cant join the fun, am undergoing HRT at the mo and can hence only enter non gender specific competitions, so am thinkin of doing the big one in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

guide dogs for the blind!!!!!!! great charity!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

There is a local lady that featured in article in leinster express recently she has set up a suicide awareness help line(something along those lines). Its in the laois is going to be up and running by end of the summer. Can't remember what it was called will try find out.

As for doing it ....will look up what has to be done and get back to ye on it!

• Advertisement

All good suggestions of charities to donate to. It's a tough decision to decide who to donate to. Recommend you all to take part and pick your own charity. I know they all appreciate it.

Don't know if i can make it yet. Got a wedding that weekend.

yeah right kikel! excuses excuses!:p

http://www.laoistoday.ie/3806/Port-mother-starts-suicide-helpline.3851342.jp

link on that charity I was talking about! dont know if this will work! If it doesn't just google it!

undecided wrote: »
    yeah right kikel! excuses excuses!:p

Well it beats saying I'm going to do it and not turn up.

undecided wrote: »
    http://www.laoistoday.ie/3806/Port-mother-starts-suicide-helpline.3851342.jp

link on that charity I was talking about! dont know if this will work! If it doesn't just google it!

pity theres no contact details. i tried googling her but nothing comes up other then that article.

IF ya want to get in touch contact Cúl le Chéile. It's on the main st. They are mentioned in the article.

wher abouts are they on main street? do they have a premises? and is it written cul le cheile above it?

Beside Wilton House. (The Retaurant beside bank of ireland) The have a sign. It sticks out from the building if ya know what i mean.

oh yeh i know it. thanks kikel! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

hello everyone, how goes it all.. listen i know where that celine knight lives, i went to school with her son david who commited suicide 2 or 3 yrs ago i think RIP, and not long before that was her nephew Trevor, they were to nice lads and im sure if we approached her or something she would be delighted with the monies we could raise for anyway it could help... im back in the office on monday i can chat then and we can arrange something if anyone wants ok.. i personally thinkit would be a great charity to give to

P.S. i think i look better than kikel and silent rain;)... how good do i look in white

YEah I'm up for that pb. I did it for the Rape Crisis Centre last year and would be happy to do that again this year but think a local charity would be good.

And depression and suicide seems to touch most families these days so anything to help....

I thought would be worth considering as it only setting up have to say I have great admiration for people that set up charities like this!

Curvy vixen is there a min amount that you have to be sponsered?

No undecided you don't even need to be sponsored at all to do it actually. If you are entering you need to enter the joggers section though! Don't worry, you won't have to jog it if you don't want to!!

If you are entering you need to enter the joggers section though!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. im so not in the joggers section!!!! i think il re register!!!

We were in the jogging section last year and it took 10 minutes to even get over the start line. Some of the girls here were in the walking section and they didn't cross the start line until after half 3 :eek::eek:

k so Im in will give them a ring later!

Are you girlies collecting your race numbers from tullamore by any chance??? i put my collection point as tullamore.

• Advertisement

did ye think of a charity yet ruby

Advertisement