Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand

Options
  • 02-04-2008 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys, I apologise in advance if this is posted on the wrong part of the Boards site...Im thinking, alogn with my wife and 4 kids, of emmigrating from Ireland to New Zealand. If anybody is familiar with New Zealand, I would love to hear from you, with regard to the following queries:
    1/I love trad Irish music, and woudl be said to leave Ireland for this reason - whats NZ like for good trad sessions?
    2/I also love swimming, and here in Limerick we have the truly excellent 50m UL pool - whereever I move to, should have a 50m pool with an active Masters club.
    3/I dont want to live in a city, but in the countryside, close to the sea, where I could go surfing, yet I dont want a long commute to work every day.
    4/Finally, good educational infrastructure for my kids, both at primary adn secondary level.
    As I living in a dreamworld, is there any location in NewZealand that woudl fit in with my aspirations?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Apart from the trad sessions (GET OVER IT!!!) everything you need is in the Tauranga/Mount Maunganui area, or anywhere in the Bay of Plenty area really. Great weather and awesome beaches and surf. What sort of work are you involved in?

Advertisement