Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in Newbridge

• 02-04-2008 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Will be in Newbridge on Saturday for some retail therapy. Know there are some lovely stores in Whitewater but can anyone recommend any other stores/boutiques (not too expensive) as I need to get something nice for a wedding - without being weddingy (if you get my drift). Am a young 64 but certainly not interesting in looking like mutton dressed up as lamb! Would appreciate any help. Have been to the Outlet but not really my scene as not great selection in sizes. By the way, am a size 14 (in a good make!)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

how bout kildare village? it has a shuttle bus out to it apparently from newbridge town, and its an outlet village so its cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

The outlet can be hit & miss. If its not too much hassle, go on a Thursday evening (open til 8) and you'll get good service. Regine / Oasis. Otherwise a trip to Carlow, whiuch has really jumped up the shopping stakes in the past couple of years. You have Pamela Scotts & Sasha type stores in Fairgreen Centre & quite a few boutiques on the main street along with Haddens. - Far better than Naas!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Better than Naas?! Sher isn't Naas a nice place to shop?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Is there any shops in Naas or Newbridge that cater for large ladies(not frumpy)something on the lines of Evans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

try vanity fair,newbridge very close to whitewater . They do wedding outfits for the more mature lady.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply Lucylu.but its more casual clothes Im looking for,and I do have a wedding coming up in Italy so the wedding outfits would be to formal for a hot country,if you know what I mean.Evans are great but sometimes I would like a change.
    Maby loose weight would give me more of a selection!!!!!!!!!

I take it there are no shops that cater for larger ladies except Vanity Fair in Newbridge and Naas or else all in Kildare are slim ladies!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I can assure all the ladies in Kildare are not of the slim variety :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

New Look is in Whitewater and their Inspire range goes up to about a 26 as far as I know...

Advertisement