Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please!!!!

Options
  • 02-04-2008 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi Ladies
    New to this but i need some major advice!!

A few weeks ago i was out on the town with my mates and i bumped into my neighbour (who lives five mins away from me).
    Anyways we were chatting away and out of no where he asked me out for dinner:eek:. I got such a shock because i never knew he fanced me.i didnt say yes but i didnt say know if ya get my drift!!

Anyways we ended up kissing and i gave him my number but i havent heard a thing since so i just never thought anymore about it.

But last weekend i was in my local and he was there i kept cathcing him looking at me so i thought what the hell il text him but turns out he lost his phone or has changed his number because the message never delivered!!

What should i do?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Talk to him next time you see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Clogher wrote: »
    Find PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

If he was that interested he would of bother his arse to walk to your house and let you know he lost his phone and ask you out again. He didn't, he isn't that interested, ya never were bothered with him before..... move on!

And Sherifu, if you have nothing constructive to add, say nothing. You will be banned if you take the piss again.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Go up to him and say "Hi, so what about that dinner then"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Clogher

Very to the point arent we.....
    Jules wrote: »
    If he was that interested he would of bother his arse to walk to your house and let you know he lost his phone and ask you out again. He didn't, he isn't that interested, ya never were bothered with him before..... move on!

And Sherifu, if you have nothing constructive to add, say nothing. You will be banned if you take the piss again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I'm having a no bull day and tbh i think your better off. If you live 5 minutes away and he isn't bothered to walk to you and let you know abou this lost phone, well do ya want to date someone like that. If he was really interested he would of made an effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Very to the point arent we.....
    What other way is there to be?

Play games?

That isn't very grown up, is it?

I disagree. Op - find him, ask him out. And we don't know he didn't tell her.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

He may not be courageous enough to call to your house. Next time you see him out, walk up to him and talk to him. See how that goes. Whats to loose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

irishbird wrote: »
    Go up to him and say "Hi, so what about that dinner then"
    Sherifu wrote: »
    Op - find him, ask him out. And we don't know he didn't tell her.

No! Don't do that!
    If he was interested , he would have come over to you the last time you saw him and apologised for not being in contact, explained about losing his phone, and asked you out again...
    forget him.

• Advertisement

Femmy wrote: »
    No! Don't do that!
    If he was interested , he would have come over to you the last time you saw him and apologised for not being in contact, explained about losing his phone, and asked you out again...
    forget him.
    He seems shy to me from the basic information we have. He asked her out and now he's faultering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Or maybe, just maybe, the guy is completely overthinking things as well?

Nothing wrong with the OP approaching the dude in this case that i can see.

As the old saying goes that i just made up right now, indecisive people rarely if ever **** indecisive people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 grets85

I hang out with a lot of fellas all the time some shy and some not so shy. I think the fella really likes you but is afraid to go up and talk to you again as he thinks he mad an eejit of himself the lasts time he went up and talked to you(seens you didn't say yes or no to the dinner). I think the next time you see him out just casually pass him out and let on you didn't see him first and then just say oh hi!!

I'm having a no bull day and tbh i think your better off. If you live 5 minutes away and he isn't bothered to walk to you and let you know abou this lost phone, well do ya want to date someone like that. If he was really interested he would of made an effort.

I dunno.....it doesn't sound like she gave him very clear signals.
    Being neighbours ups the aunty in the loseing face stakes.
    I think he put the idea out there and it is reasonable for her to make the next move.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Make an effort to talk to him the next time you see him. You didn't give him very clear signals about the dinner, he could be mortified/confused and reluctant to ask you out again.

Sending a text is rubbish too after an unclear answer, smacks of playing hot and cold. You should have given him a big smile and approached him.

However hindsight is 20/20 so next time you see the guy be friendly and interested and as Irishbird said be sure to mention the dinner, in a cheeky smiley way.

Best of luck missus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Does he actually know which house is yours?

And my advice is don't kiss a guy if you don't even know if you'd go out to dinner with him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

But last weekend i was in my local and he was there i kept cathcing him looking at me so i thought what the hell il text him but turns out he lost his phone or has changed his number because the message never delivered!!

Well, why didn't you just walk over to him and say hi? See what his reaction was? he is probably just as confused as to why you were at the pub, obviously made eye contact with him if you caught him staring at you, and yet ignored him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Far too easy to say **** like this. You do not know the guy. He could be somewhat unsure of himself in the initial stages of this sorta thing.

Just talk to him the next time you see him and see what happens. He is probably wondering the exact same stuff that you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

im sorry, but all of this 'he should have let you know about his phone, made more of an effort if he was into you etc' talk is bull****

from her account she gave no clear signals, and didn't even give him a straight answer about dinner. he could have put the kiss down to drink and decided that pretty much blew off his dinner invitation by avoiding the question. surely if she was interested she would have said yes?

if you want to, do something. i hate women who mess guys around and play games ' i didn't say yes, but i didn't say no if ya get my drift' no he clearly ****ing doesn't, grow some balls and call up to his house and say that if the dinner invitation is still good, you'd like to go out with him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

That's ridiculous imo. He asked her out, she never said yes. Then he's not worth the effort because he didn't call over to her to let know if he'd lost/changed his number? Why should he when he took a chance and asked her out but got mixed signals? He probably thinks she's not interested! :rolleyes:

OP, as Irishbird said, next time you see him make an effort to talk to him and ask him about the dinner. :)

• Advertisement

Well Ladies.
    Just thought i would let you know that i was in the Local last night with my brother and i met the "guy".

Anyways yes he asked me out again and i accepted,i am meeting up with him this week!!:)

He apologised for not getting in contact with me and said he was even going to call over to my house but was afraid of my reaction.

Lovely :)

Well Ladies.
    Just thought i would let you know that i was in the Local last night with my brother and i met the "guy".

Anyways yes he asked me out again and i accepted,i am meeting up with him this week!!:)

He apologised for not getting in contact with me and said he was even going to call over to my house but was afraid of my reaction.
    I knew he was just shy. \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Seraphina wrote: »
    im sorry, but all of this 'he should have let you know about his phone, made more of an effort if he was into you etc' talk is bull****

from her account she gave no clear signals, and didn't even give him a straight answer about dinner. he could have put the kiss down to drink and decided that pretty much blew off his dinner invitation by avoiding the question. surely if she was interested she would have said yes?

if you want to, do something. i hate women who mess guys around and play games ' i didn't say yes, but i didn't say no if ya get my drift' no he clearly ****ing doesn't, grow some balls and call up to his house and say that if the dinner invitation is still good, you'd like to go out with him

+1 seriously just call to his house and talk to him or next time he is out go up to him instead of texting.

just saw your other post there well done hope you have a lovely time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Gotta love it when it turns out men are people too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sometimes I think that without alcohol there'd be no kids in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Miss Dee

hi clogher,

new to this myself.

was jsut about to tel lyou to grab the bull by the horns and next time you sene him to just ask him what the story was with that dinner invite....i bloody hate walking about with "what if's", lifes too short.

i see its all sorted now anyways :) hope you have fun on your date.... you should pop back and let us know how you got on ;)

D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

You shouldnt give advice while on the rag.

Glad it worked out OP.

Yes i will!!
    Thanks for all yere advice!!
    :)
    Miss Dee wrote: »
    hi clogher,

new to this myself.

was jsut about to tel lyou to grab the bull by the horns and next time you sene him to just ask him what the story was with that dinner invite....i bloody hate walking about with "what if's", lifes too short.

i see its all sorted now anyways :) hope you have fun on your date.... you should pop back and let us know how you got on ;)

D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Ah I love a happy story. Tell us how it goes! Have fun :)

Advertisement