Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinsale-suitable for newbie?

• 02-04-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    just wondering about the difficulty of Kinsale. I'm new to the triathloning lark. However by the time Kinsale rolls around I'll have Joey Hannon, Mullaghmore, Athey and maybe one other under my belt.

Kinsale is so beautiful and I'd love to try the tri there. However what's the degree of difficulty there?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

It's a tough enough run at the end but otherwise a lovely race. You're a runner so that shouldn't bother you. It's also another of the races that fill up in minutes. I think it may have been the national championships a couple of times (Tunney will correct me if I'm wrong on that). You're welcome to B&B with the Hunnymonsters if you're coming down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Its a perfect beginners race.

The swim is a in a sheltered bar that is actually very warm water.
    The bike is flat but some cross winds.
    The run is 5km, 4km is pancake flat, 500m up hill, 500m downhill. It is a steep hill but its short.
    The transition area and facilities are pretty bad though.

Its a small race that has little or no ambitions of growing any larger so places are at a premium. It has been national champs a few times but not in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Thanks guys, that's fantastic. I'm just worried that I'm getting a little over enthusiastic with my race entries.

Actually how long do people leave between races and what's a "normal" amount of races for people? (for sprint distance)

Advertisement