Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAWL or similar fixings

Options
  • 02-04-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭

Trying to source a RAWL fixing for hollow blocks that was described to me. It has a rubber sleeve on the bit that goes into the hollow and when you tighten it up the rubber sleeve is compressed and becomes a rubber washer on the far side othe hollow block. The garage door frame is currently only fixed to blockwork by way of straps. The very windy weather of march made light work of the straps. Garage door is directly west facing and got a hammering. Any help would be appreciated.

Secman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I know the ones, any good builders providers should have them. Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

Dublin or wexford will do. Have tried Heiton bukleys to no avail.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I would have expected them to have them tbh. They're a fairly common fixing.

Advertisement