Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2009 Audi A6 when next year ?

Options
  • 02-04-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

I'm waiting off on buying an A6 till next year as there will be a face lifted model in.

Anyone know when its due to hit the showrooms in Ireland ?

Anyone confirm the rumour of new diesels engines for the A6 before July 2008?

And what impact they will have on VRT rates ?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/9714/2009-audi-a6-spy-photos/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Due to hit showrooms at the end of the third quarter this year. And yes there will be a new 2.0TDI 170 engine with low emissions. Will probably be shown in Paris Motor Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

RedorDead wrote: »
    Due to hit showrooms at the end of the third quarter this year. And yes there will be a new 2.0TDI 170 engine with low emissions. Will probably be shown in Paris Motor Show.

No matter, what they do, they'll have their work cut out matching the 520d for emissions and economy.I hope they do a good job cos the way i see it,every1 will have a 520d the far side of july(they'lll get no model inscription and tell you its a 535d :rolleyes:).I have always liked the A6's understated style and if they do a good job of it and price it competitively it'll be a strong competitor to the bmw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Best news i have heard all day A6 for me it is then .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The facelifted A6 will have a fuel consumption(and hence CO2) improvement of on average 12% compared to the outgoing model.

Evidently there is at least one new engine on the way in the form of the TDI 170, which presumably will now be the new common rail unit.

The current one is no match for BMW though. The 2.0 TDI is a higher polluter of CO2 than a 530d in manual guise, and the Auto version pollutes the same amount of CO2 as a 530i Auto(that's right, BMW's 3.0 petrol straight 6 with 272 bhp is as good to the planet as the current 140 bhp A6 TDI 2.0 4 cylinder diesel):eek:.

That said, if Audi follow BMW's lead and pass on the VRT savings in full, then it will still be a small bit cheaper than the 520d(though the price gap will have narrowed considerably between the 2 cars). It will be interesting to see what the exact CO2 emissions of the facelifted one will be though. The 2.0 TDI will surely be in the 20% VRT band anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

The facelifted A6 will have a fuel consumption(and hence CO2) improvement of on average 12% compared to the outgoing
    It will be interesting to see what the CO2 emissions of the facelifted one will be though.

I think i know what you mean. Had a look at the BMW prices you published and AUDI will have to pass on any savings from improvements on emissions or they will lose ot big time. At €46,000 who would turn there nose up at a 520d.

I also hope Audi improve the spec of the A6 slightly too. Its a bit bare.

I wish car makers would go back to putting in split rear seats as standard my brother just ordered a new Alfa 159 and had to pay extra for it. Same on A6 boot is huge but i still like the flexibilty. That and i have to pay more for ISOFIX and Air bag cut off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement