Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

poor form - delete please

Options
  • 02-04-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

removed - as the guy actually got back to me in the end - not that what he had was good news !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I had an almost identical experience with a Toyota dealer (Murphy on Tallaght bypass). When he didn't phone back I phoned him and he said "I was waiting to see if I could get rid of it for cash, and I did".

I suspect your case is the same. He doesn't want a your car in a trade-in and is seeing can he get cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This one?
    RobAMerc wrote: »
    I have always though this but the rule
    "Car Dealer = Dick head" still stands

Bit of a generalisation there. Car dealers are not all bad...

As for the car being for sale again in a few months time in the same dealers, questions should be raised by that!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Maybe God doesn't want you to be saddled with such a tacky number plate.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Anan1 wrote: »
    Maybe God doesn't want you to be saddled with such a tacky number plate.:)

I know it's terrible isn't it !

But its a superb motor - the reason its back for sale is they had to spend 6k doing all the seals and the previous buyer wouldn't wait ( they were very open about this) - its the tightest 911 I have driven yet by a long shot.

Would a LHD one be totally out of the question?

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Porsche/911/993-C2/892881/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Similar thing happened me earlier this year....after just passing my test, the model I wanted (except not my ideal colour) turned up in a local dealership and the price was about right (and I wasn't looking to trade in).
    Showed up one saturday morning and ended up talking to the franchise owner himself. I was genuinely interested in the car, but I got the impression I wasn't being taken seriously...he was telling me that I'd picked a bad day, the car needed valeting and couldn't be test driven till NCT was done...I said I was happy enough to wait till that happened, left address and tel no...a week passed and still no word, so around the wednesday of the the following week (10 days later) the car shows on carzone as being SOLD. No-one ever called my mobile or house number, I was never given a chance to even test drive it. I was pretty damn annoyed at my treatment and still don't know why I was ignored as a customer

Anyway, story had a silver lining...about 3 weeks later, same model shows up on carzone, in the colour I wanted, with a better spec, lower miles (year older though) and about 600 quid cheaper...I had it bought and sitting in my drive 3 days later.
    The above dealer is the local franchise for my model of car...the car will be getting serviced anywhere but there, even if I have to go to the next town over to have it done...

removed - as the guy actually got back to me in the end - not that what he had was good news !
    Ah come on, tell us what the news was!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Curious also ^^ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

ok, he got back to me - fairly decent lad told me straight he couldn't offer me what my car was worth - so no deal.

I may have been a bit hasty in what I wrote but 3 days is a bit much to be fair, even if he could not offer me a decent trade he should have rang to let me know he was on the case.

Anan1 - although that car looks in very good nick - I've had lhd before and the boss won't sit to the right if she aint driving ! I imagine I would be stuck with that a long time too if I decided to get rid!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I would have preferred if you'd come back here with an update giving credit to the dealer for getting back to you and telling the full story, rather than editing your OP first
    I've had lhd before and the boss won't sit to the right if she aint driving !

Best reason I've ever seen for not going LHD :D

If it's your boss (in work like) ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement