Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pargain/splitter/carrier lines???

Options
  • 02-04-2008 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

hi

im looking for help to find out if my phone line is on a pargain/splitter/carrier? I have phoned eircom and i was told that there is no way of knowing, and even if they could find out there is no way off being removed from the carrier! i believe this to be complete bulls**t!!
    i have been having problems repeatedly over the last 2years of crossed lines where i can hear my neighbours conversations and vice versa! i contacted comreg and i have to say they were helpful and they put pressure on eircom and they finally installed a new line for me. but im still having problems. My dial up ranges from 26-30kbps. Would like to get BB but i believe i have no chance if my line is a carrier. so i would appreicate help to find out if my line is in fact a carrier..

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭SeanW

Didn't you just post a thread on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

irishboyuk wrote: »
    hi
    My dial up ranges from 26-30kbps. Would like to get BB but i believe i have no chance if my line is a carrier. so i would appreicate help to find out if my line is in fact a carrier..
    thanks
    If there is a white box on the nearest eircom pole AND your phone line runs to your house from this box, it is highly likely you are on a carrier. Speeds like you get are also fairly indicative of a carrier.

Eircom DO know who is on carrier & it is possible there is no spare copper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

At 26-30K, you're at the upper limits of pairgain and lower limits of exchange reach, so it's possible that you're just too far from the exchange.

eircom are under no obligation to remove the pairgain, give you broadband, or tell you if you have a pairgain line; unfortunately. Best try hunt down a local engineer.

Advertisement