Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Techy Question: Enlarged Air Nozzle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Ok, for a while now my Aug has been shooting at best .65J! I've tried a load of things but it seems the air nozzle isn't making a good seal with the hop unit. So, I was looking for a new one when I saw this:
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=24388
    Enlarged? Longer or fatter or both? Will it fir a standard hop chamber?

Also, if you think my diagnosis is wrong feel free to comment.

Lethal.

Edit: Or this? http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=20863
    Edit2:Is there meant to be any kind of rubberish seal in the hop chamber?

Try a Systema air nozzle, a plastic one.

Don't get a metal one, as I have found they don't make as good a seal as the plastic ones do.

Also, your compression 100% and what spring are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stock CA Spring so I'm guessing 100MS?

Compresion is 100% I presume. I've opened the GB and everything seems fine.

Whats the little semi-transparent ring thing below?
    GP-AUGMT-HU-SET-L.jpg

Stock CA Spring so I'm guessing 100MS?

Compresion is 100% I presume. I've opened the GB and everything seems fine.

Whats the little semi-transparent ring thing below?
    GP-AUGMT-HU-SET-L.jpg

That's just a plastic piece to ensure the rubber doesn't get squashed during shipping.

Have you tested your compression yet? I'd just test it to make sure.

I'd also get a different spring, CA springs can vary when it comes to fps, but I think you've got a leak somewhere that if fixed, should put it to 300ish.

Beast ASI wrote: »
    That's just a plastic piece to ensure the rubber doesn't get squashed during shipping.

Have you tested your compression yet? I'd just test it to make sure.

I'd also get a different spring, CA springs can vary when it comes to fps, but I think you've got a leak somewhere that if fixed, should put it to 300ish.

No, the little ring like thing.

What do you mean exactly by tested compresion?

FPS I think may be higher. Its out of the box at 325, - 10 for bedding in but + 10 for Tight Bore:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

take the entire piston/cylinder assembly out of the gearbox, including air nozzle, cover the end of the nozzle with your finger and push the piston into the cylinder, if it slides easily you've got bad compression, if it puts up a large amount of resistance and the piston pushes back out when you stop pushing on it, then you've got good compression

• Advertisement

Time to get the hands greasy.

No, the little ring like thing.

The bronze thing at the top? - It's a ring that goes around the barrel to keep a better seal with the hop.

Beast ASI wrote: »
    The bronze thing at the top? - It's a ring that goes around the barrel to keep a better seal with the hop.

Ahh, there's one of them on the UMP but there was never one on the Aug.

So there is absoloutly no seel inside the hop chamber?

Compresion at 110%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

do you smoke?

take the gearbox and barrel out and align them as they are when put together, fit the barrel onto the air nozzle and hold it with light pressure, then blow cigeratte smoke down the front of the barrel and see if its leaking from anywhere around the hopup unit.,

the transparent thing there is actually a brass ring that sits in the front of the hopup over the barrel to make up the thickness of the hopup rubber itself., basically fills the gap.,
    id say its the air nozzle or even the piston ring.,

EDIT: stupid question but did you fit the air nozzle onto the tappet plate properly?

• Advertisement

No, I dont smoke. F#ck what people think of me, thanks but I dont like Cyanide for breakfast(one of the many poisons in ciggarettes).

Have made the mistake of not fitting the nozzle right before but not this time.

If by piston ring you mean the o-ring on the piston head then no. I've replaced that giving me a very good seal.

Will order the air nozzle.

Cheers Guys,
    Lethal

Just one last thing, where the hell to get it from. Having proiblems with logging in to redwolf and global want $22 for shipping...Nothing on ebay.

Oh, and again, are you sure there's no o-ring or something inside the hop unit to seal with the nozzle?

the hopup rubber is what seals up with the air nozzle.,

vtec wrote: »
    the hopup rubber is what seals up with the air nozzle.,

What, that tiny little lip?

yeah the sir nozzle goes into the hopup and joins the hopup rubber at the tip of the barrel where it over laps.,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

some upgraded air nozzles do have an o-ring, it's on the inside and it helps to form a seal with the cylinde nozzle

Advertisement