Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suzuki Cappuccino

Options
  • 02-04-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey,

I'm really interested in buying myself a cappuccino, only problem is, I know I wont fit in one. I'm so eager to buy one that I'm willing to modify it for the larger than life people out their....
    Does anyone know if there is anything behind the seats in the car and can you cut away the panel behind the seats to help extend them? I know you can add about half an inch without too much trouble but I'd need to go a bit further than that.

Cheers:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

this is absurd TBH....

you want to do some diy surgery on a car to fit inside....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Go the whole hog and make it into a stretch limo:D:D, hire it out at wkends then to cover the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

You might fit in the very very similar Honda Beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

How about an MX-5?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cappo

What size are you? Once you are in it's OK :) Have you tried fitting in one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

You might be surprised, little roadsters can have plenty of legroom (as theres no need for any in the back) also as you're generally practically sitting on the floor in them there may be more headroom than you expect also.

Getting in and out of them as already posted can be tricky, but once you learn the technique it's ok.

Am basing this on my experience of owning a Triumph Spitfire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ballistix35am

Cappo wrote: »
    What size are you? Once you are in it's OK :) Have you tried fitting in one?

I have tried fitting in one and it wasn't too bad I'm just a bit too tall(couldn't get in with the roof on), it might seem like butchery but I intend to remove the rear bulkhead and push it back and then move the frame of the seat back, I know it will be more complex than that and I have taken this into account.....

I'll have to make the roof longer which will mean removing the rear windscreen and making it part of the roof.
    It will involve sealing the boot and converting it.....

The plan is to make it a show car with a slight edge compared to other cappuccinos

The rear bulkhead is an integral part of the body structure and the space behind it includes the fuel tank and the pick-up points for the suspension wishbones – cutting and chopping would compromise the strength of the body as there is such a tiny space to play with, I reckon. The roof is comprised of 3 small aluminum panels which clip to the back “roll” bar which also includes the back window – you would have to figure a way of making an new non-removable roof – would not be easy.

BTW There is a certain technique for getting into and out of the car – unless you are well over 6ft you should manage it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Not slagging Ballistix.... but thought the Suzuki Capcuccino was made up by a games developer for the Gran Turismo HP Concept... Anyone who has played this will know what I am talking about. Onto the GT 5 Prologue as of last weekend so its F430's and DB9's for me now:D

The rear bulkhead is an integral part of the body structure and the space behind it includes the fuel tank and the pick-up points for the suspension wishbones – cutting and chopping would compromise the strength of the body as there is such a tiny space to play with, I reckon. The roof is comprised of 3 small aluminum panels which clip to the back “roll” bar which also includes the back window – you would have to figure a way of making an new non-removable roof – would not be easy.

BTW There is a certain technique for getting into and out of the car – unless you are well over 6ft you should manage it!

I reckon if I add a strut bar and two braces from the bulkhead to the strut it will reinforce the structure plus the bulkhead will still be there, it'll just be a little further back, I know it seems stupid but I think I literally need a couple of inches to get it back far enough. The roof isn't a concern because I've had someone check it out and it can be changed without wrecking the structure. Any ideas what kind of space there would be to work with between the seats and the sus.

P.s. The advice has been great, you seem to really know it better than well

• Advertisement

I reckon if I add a strut bar and two braces from the bulkhead to the strut it will reinforce the structure plus the bulkhead will still be there, it'll just be a little further back, I know it seems stupid but I think I literally need a couple of inches to get it back far enough. The roof isn't a concern because I've had someone check it out and it can be changed without wrecking the structure. Any ideas what kind of space there would be to work with between the seats and the sus.

P.s. The advice has been great, you seem to really know it better than well

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work!! Have you considered a smaller seat – like a racing or rally type?

You might like to look at http://www.clubcappo.co.uk a lot of guys working on projects and some pictures in the gallery. These guys are very helpful and you could ask some questions.

Also try Cappuccinosport some nice cars and bits!

BleuDoor.jpg

Floor plan stripped down – very little space and also the width of the car is very narrow

smcimg1028.jpg

Back panel cut out and petrol tank removed

smashiecut.jpg

Back panel cut out and petrol tank removed with suspension underneath

smashiebackrest.jpg

;)

Not slagging Ballistix.... but thought the Suzuki Capcuccino was made up by a games developer for the Gran Turismo HP Concept... Anyone who has played this will know what I am talking about. Onto the GT 5 Prologue as of last weekend so its F430's and DB9's for me now:D

Yep! The Cappuccino is a great car on the old Playstation but in real life the car is a pocket-rocket and brilliant fun to drive even at “legal” speeds – just like a go-kart for everyday use!

Had it on a trackday at Mondello and it but some of the more powerful cars to shame!!

Quote posted from some other drivers about the car – “I shiite you not, Jim (Exige) and me (Caterham 7) struggled to keep up with it!"

IMG_0208.jpg

:D

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work!! Have you considered a smaller seat – like a racing or rally type?

You might like to look at http://www.clubcappo.co.uk a lot of guys working on projects and some pictures in the gallery. These guys are very helpful and you could ask some questions.

Also try Cappuccinosport some nice cars and bits!

BleuDoor.jpg

Floor plan stripped down – very little space and also the width of the car is very narrow

smcimg1028.jpg

Back panel cut out and petrol tank removed

smashiecut.jpg

Back panel cut out and petrol tank removed with suspension underneath

smashiebackrest.jpg

;)

Jesus, what you've given me is perfect...... I might investigate the smaller seat first so i don't go doing work thats not needed. Are some o those photos from your cap? Thanks again Cappo

No - the red cap is from the ClubCappuccino site.

The young lass is my girlfriend*

This is mine

connamar.jpg

*only kidding Mrs Cappo!!!! It's from Cappuccinosport! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Quote posted from some other drivers about the car – “I shiite you not, Jim (Exige) and me (Caterham 7) struggled to keep up with it!"
    A 900kg 190bhp roadster and a Caterham that weighs a lot less than the Cappuccino and has a more power struggled to keep up. I'd question people's abilities..

JHMEG wrote: »
    A 900kg 190bhp roadster and a Caterham that weighs a lot less than the Cappuccino and has a more power struggled to keep up. I'd question people's abilities..

Agreed - but in the pissing rain power can be a liability!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Dude, just get a bigger car...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Hi Ballistix,

As somebody has already commented, there is a knack to getting in and out but it doesn't take long to get the hang of it. Our first few attempt were definately less than graceful.

If you'd like to have a few more goes getting in and out, give me a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EtownCap

So what would you guys say is the maximum height/weight for someone to fit into a cappuccino?

i can't really just go find one and sit in one since they were never sold in canada.

EtownCap wrote: »
    So what would you guys say is the maximum height/weight for someone to fit into a cappuccino?

i can't really just go find one and sit in one since they were never sold in canada.

About 6' 3" i would say and not too fat!

If you type "Suzuki Cappuccino Canada" in Google you might find one for sale near you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement