Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 02-04-2008 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Am with my boyfriend nearly 2 years and was told basically to foff tonight while he watches the Liverpool match with his friends. I do like soccar and liverpool but my opinions dont count do they? cause im a woman!!!

i wont be back either tonight, he can foff

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Hold on, are you living together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

yes we live together, but he owns the house. i have a house too but renting at the moment.

its piising me off

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

you should start supporting arsenal and man united that will piss him off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

How did you get to be living with somebody without discovering that they like football?

Actually hang on, is he telling you to leave the house while he watches it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Just let him go off and enjoy his game,

he is obviously in the local boozer with a few of the lads talking about the game.

Its not as if he is gone into town on the razz.

Men need their space, you should enjoy your time out, Paint your nails or do your hair, or sort out your knicker drawer and let the man go off and enjoy the match.

He'll be pissed off with you if you make an issue of it.

Would you want him tagging along on a girls night out?

He's telling her to leave the house (that she lives in with him) so he can watch the match.

That's what I got from reading her post anyway, could be wrong.

Quality wrote: »
    Just let him go off and enjoy his game,

he is obviously in the local boozer with a few of the lads talking about the game.

Its not as if he is gone into town on the razz.

Men need their space, you should enjoy your time out, Paint your nails or do your hair, or sort out your knicker drawer and let the man go off and enjoy the match.

He'll be pissed off with you if you make an issue of it.

Would you want him tagging along on a girls night out?

I imagine her problem is that he kicked her out of his house, her home, for the duration of the match. And wasn't particularly pleasant about it.
    Otherwise I don't see what the issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I imagine her problem is that he kicked her out of his house, her home, for the duration of the match. And wasn't particularly pleasant about it.
    Otherwise I don't see what the issue is.

In that case, I would handcuff myself to the sofa!!

Feckin cheek of him...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

He has a point in fairness

• Advertisement

i live with my boyfriend and we have always watched soccar together but this time he said he's watching with friends, i should go and come back when the match is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

lisaloo wrote: »
    i live with my boyfriend and we have always watched soccar together but this time he said he's watching with friends, i should go and come back when the match is over.

id tell him i wouldnt be back at all in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

lisaloo wrote: »

No way I wouldn't take that. Why couldn't he go to the pub or to another friends house to watch it??? I'd give my bf hell for this I just would refuse to leave the house. Where are you now did you leave?

i left earlier.told him id be back later on but i wont. just gonna leve him to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Its football.

Its man time

Its the last thing we have thats ours..

..well that and taking a pee standing up. (u can try but its not the same :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Yeah give him a fright! You're dead right, he might think twice about evicting you for the next match!

lorweld wrote: »
    No way I wouldn't take that. Why couldn't he go to the pub or to another friends house to watch it??? I'd give my bf hell for this I just would refuse to leave the house. Where are you now did you leave?

He is only asking for one evening free!
    Is it such a major problem rob thinks not

Rob_l wrote: »
    He is only asking for one evening free!
    Is it such a major problem rob thinks not

So why not enjoy an evening free when she HAS to go out, not by MAKING her leave.

Its her home!

Silverfish wrote: »
    So why not enjoy an evening free when she HAS to go out, not by MAKING her leave.

Its her home!

because the match is on tonight unfortunately uefa dont take into consideration peoples gf when arranging matches how inconsiderate of them.

Op he just wants a boys night for what is a big match you haven't mentioned any other problems ye have so why make a big deal out of something that isn't that major an issue

I wouldn't give two ****s, no-one would make me leave my own home, match or no match.

EDIT: except zombies. And vampires. And zompires.

• Advertisement

Its her home!

Good idea

He should just send a email to UEFA to change to match time to suit her schedule.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't give two ****s, no-one would make me leave my own home, match or no match.

Ah I see very rational approach to take indeed

So you're telling me its acceptable to make your partner leave their home because of a football match?

I wonder if she should tell him to get out cos she wants to watch something on tv.

I know I would.

snyper wrote: »
    Good idea

He should just send a email to UEFA to change to match time to suit her schedule.:rolleyes:

snap

For months i thought "Desparate Housewives" was called STFU

Because thats all i heard from her anytime i moved, blinked or pass wind while it was on.

So you're telling me its acceptable to make your partner leave their home because of a football match?

I wonder if she should tell him to get out cos she wants to watch something on tv.

I know I would.

Well from the op's post i believe it is in fact his home she is renting hers so yes why should he not be able to say to a rational sane thinking person look can you go out for the night so i can have my house free to watch the match with my friends

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Did he give you any notice?? The opportunity to stay in the house but out of him and his mates' way? If no, then I would totally not go back!! And next time Desperate Housewives or something is on, make HIM leave!!!

I never got the whole "ME MAN, ME LIKES FOOTBALL, YOU WOMAN, YOU NOT UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL AND MAN TIME" thing. Luckily my OH doesn't like football...motorsport on the other hand..

EDIT: Hahaha at Snyper's post, it's funny cause it's true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Oh my god, i would kick his ass!! Fair enough if he wants to watch the match with his friends, but you could have gone to the kitchen or the bedroom.
    You should have an ann summers party or something with the girls at the weekend n kick him out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Agree with this

The Op's boyfriend is out of order

I was delighted when my ex started taking an interest in football, it was great to be able to watch stuff with her

• Advertisement

Rob_l wrote: »
    Well from the op's post i believe it is in fact his home she is renting hers so yes why should he not be able to say to a rational sane thinking person look can you go out for the night so i can have my house free to watch the match with my friends

And if he was a rational sane person he would accept it if told him she didn't want to.

It doesn't matter who owns the house, its still her home, if she contributes towards his mortgage or whatever.

No reason for it whatsoever, especially since she's interested in football as well.

Advertisement