Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Masters......suggestions

Options
  • 02-04-2008 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

was thinking of betting a few quid on Steve Stricker at 50/1 ew and Lee Westwood 66/1 ew...........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I posted this on the golf section a few minutes ago -

Back
    Rory Sabbatini 107 €50.02 €5,302.18
    Hunter Mahan 210 €20.00 €4,180.00
    Daniel Chopra 396.97 €14.00 €5,543.60
    John Senden 464.85 €118.27 €54,859.13
    Woody Austin 476.39 €14.01 €6,660.09

Just getting in my aftertiming before the event.
    If John Senden goes well I'll probably sell my bet.
    Hunter Mahan did well at Augusta in his one visit, as an amateur, 28th in 2003, 73,72,73,76.

Odds on Betfair now
    Westwood 90
    Stricker 85

Past results from Masters.org
    Stricker:- 1996 Cut; 1997 Cut; 1999 38th; 2000 19th; 2001 10th; 2002 Cut; 2007 Cut
    Westwood:- 1997 24th; 1998 44th; 1999 6th; 2000 Cut; 2002 44th; 2005 Cut; 2006 Cut; 2007 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Simple. PaddyPower offer:

"Master Class!
    Augusta National GC
    April 10th - April 13th Live on BBC & Setanta
    Money-Back Special
    If Tiger Woods wins the 2008 US Masters by five or more shots, Paddy Power will refund all losing outright bets placed before the start of the tournament."

Back anyone else for the max of €300. Lay him straight away for as close a match as possible. Sit back. Drink beer. If Woods wins the above offer you get free cash for minimal risk.

Yoink!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nice in theory, Mezcita but think it only applies to named players. Might have read your post wrong though, it's late and I've been outwatching the Arsenal-Liverpool game.

Note: It's amazing how much you notice when you're a neutral and all of your mates support one of the above.

Actually while we're on the subject of golf I think Pádraig Harrington is a great price to be top European in Houston this week. 5/4 with Boyles. Only 12Europeans involved, none of which you could see in the Ryder Cup team bar PH. Think he is the only top 50 player amongst them although I stand to be corrected, can't be arsed Googling at this time of night. I would expect five or six to go at the cut and really can't see anybody at the business end of things come Sunday bar Pádraig. To put things into perspective Carl Petterson is second fav

• Registered Users Posts: 38,294 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Winner: No bet, Tiger is too short and you cannot back against him
    Winner w/out Tiger: The three I like each way are Justin Rose, Geoff Ogilvy and Tim Clark. I'd back Mickelson but he is too short w/out Tiger
    Top European: Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson
    Top Australasian: Geoff Ogilvy, Adam Scott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

back garcia at 70.0 and lay in running- a massive price.

Collie D wrote: »
    Actually while we're on the subject of golf I think Pádraig Harrington is a great price to be top European in Houston this week. 5/4 with Boyles. Only 12Europeans involved, none of which you could see in the Ryder Cup team bar PH. Think he is the only top 50 player amongst them although I stand to be corrected, can't be arsed Googling at this time of night. I would expect five or six to go at the cut and really can't see anybody at the business end of things come Sunday bar Pádraig. To put things into perspective Carl Petterson is second fav

PH shoots a four under final round to be tied as top European with JM Olazabal on only his second tournament back :eek:

Applying dead heat rules, would have only a achieved a return of 1/8 and a lot of sweating for that seeing as he was three behind Oly going into final day.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

I was trying to find a bit of value in this and came up with Angel Cabrera. 55/1 ew with Boyles ew paying 5 places w/o Woods. Has 2 missed cuts in last 7 years but against this has a few top 10's. And with the US Open win under his belt last year confidence should be good if he is in the mix come Sunday on the back 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PRICEWISE2008

Got on Furyk at 60's on Betfair last night..a few quid on at 8.8 to be in the top 5..Did a similar bet on Cink..95 / 15.5 (top 5)..Wanted to back 3..any other suggestions folks??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

Bruce Betting are paying 7 places on the masters....free 100 bet as well for new accounts...worth it just for this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Reteif goosen has a great record at the masters in recent years... got him at 30/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

Bruce Betting are paying 7 places on the masters....free 100 bet as well for new accounts...worth it just for this...

Bruce are best price as well about Ogilvy at 25/1. I think ill be having 50 e/w at 25s with them.

Also fancy Johanthan Byrd at a big price.....350/1 on Betfair. Ill have 10 e/w on that.

I'll be laying Tiger as well in running.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Here's a few I was thinking of. PP odds. Any thoughts?

Ogilvy to be top rest of world player incl Aussie/Kiwi - 7/1

Sabbatini 80/1 ew
    JB Holmes 175/1 ew
    Camilo Villegas 200/1 ew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

With Bruce Betting paying out 1/4 odds on 7 (SEVEN) places!! Here's my bet of the week

Madness - you can get Fred Couples 100/1 with them

That's 25/1 on Couples finishing in top 7.

PP have Couples at 9/2 for Top 10.

Bruce Betting - 1800 50 49 48 - will give you a free €50 single bet when you spend your first €100 with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Went with this collection of happy campers in the end....

Goosen €4ew @ 22/1
    Camilo Villegas €2 ew @ 200/1
    JB Holmes €2 ew @175/1
    Hunter Mahan €2 ew @125/1
    Rory Sabbatini €3 ew @ 80/1
    Geoff Ogilvy top rest of world incl Oz/NZ €5 @7/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Mine

Goosen €10ew @ 22/1
    Anders Romero €5ew@ 100/1
    Henrik Stenson €5 ew @66/1
    Rory Sabbatini €5 ew @ 80/1

I am gonna back Sergio for top european later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

slumped wrote: »
    With Bruce Betting paying out 1/4 odds on 7 (SEVEN) places!! Here's my bet of the week

Madness - you can get Fred Couples 100/1 with them

That's 25/1 on Couples finishing in top 7.

PP have Couples at 9/2 for Top 10.

Bruce Betting - 1800 50 49 48 - will give you a free €50 single bet when you spend your first €100 with them.

Couples not looking the best of bets at the moment. +2 after six holes. Not a good start. Same for Hunter Mahan. Ian Poulter scoring nice and consistently. And good starts for Luke Donald and Harrington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

PP have Top Two against the rest.

The Field 1.57
    Phil Mickelson & Tiger Woods 2.25

I reckon a 100 on The Field would be a decent bet.

Mike.

Slightly off-topic here so apologies but can anybody answer this?

Setanta are doing the build-up to today's coverage and showed a lot of previous winners wearing their Green Jackets. There was a blac guy in there, anyone know who he was? Thought Tiger was the first black man to win a Major?

EDIT Nevermind, the more I think of it he could have ben Asian. Must have been Vijay, looked different in his civvies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

VJ is black and asian! It happens! :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement