Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Help

Options
  • 02-04-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

i recently formatted my computer and when i tried to go on the internt it would not pick my ethernet cable up i was wondering if there was any drivers i could download from the internet to fix my problem. i think the computer itself cannot pick up the ethernet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

i recently formatted my computer and when i tried to go on the internt it would not pick my ethernet cable up i was wondering if there was any drivers i could download from the internet to fix my problem. i think the computer itself cannot pick up the ethernet

If its a dell you need to get the service tag of the side of the tower and go to Dell website and download the drivers for the network card.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

no it is an athloen one i think im not near it now but i sure thats the name of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

no it is an athloen one i think im not near it now but i sure thats the name of it

Athlon is the processor type, not the manufacturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sjjhynes

If its XP that you loaded onto the computer , I would be surprised if the network card was not also working. What version of window ( If windows ) did you install ?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

Realtek 8139 thats the ethernet card yoke in my pc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Advertisement