Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assignment regulations

Options
  • 02-04-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

What is the shortest deadline a lecturer can give for an assignment?is it 4 weeks?where can I find out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Ask your local Students Union to be sure, but I have a figure of 3 weeks in my head. Your class rep should know this as well really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

We have been given them at 2 weeks notice before. Plenty of times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

We've had a few at 2 weeks notice from very by-the-book lecturers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 chris11

It turns out that you must be given 4 weeks,atleast thats what it says in the student charter.You can download it off the DITSU website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Wow, that could be quite useful if DIT listened to such regulations. I've tried arguing my case on such a basis and I've always been ignored in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

really ? wow yea i have been given 2 weeks before for a few assignments , and he was very sly about it , like we knew about it , but he did not tell us it was been offically given or up it up on the site till about two weeks from the date it was due . i dont really mind, my biggest problem is been given them all at the same time , so the build up, but you cant help that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Its a charter, its not part of the regulations.
    As far as i'm aware that means that both sides have to try to do what it says but aren't really bound by it.

Also the charter says it was drawn up by 'a group' of students and staff. Who are they? Has anyone actually told the staff and students about it?? There are responsibilities for students in their too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

2 weeks is loads anyway, I have never gotten an assignment that couldn't be done in 1 week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Well that depends on what other feck-load of assignments you have on your plate. DIT suck at playing by their own rules.

For example the way the exams were administered were an absolute joke. Response from the examinations office? 'Oh yeah, that's how we do it'. Assignments get thrown at you at the last minute. We were actually still doing 1st term assignments well into the 2nd term with the lecturer even refusing to apologise.

/end rant. Am just so unbelievably disappointed and disgusted with DIT. They just don't compare with where I did my undergraduate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Thats hilarious, our course in first year have a new assignment every week due the following week and this year we have had a few similar assignments.

• Advertisement
Advertisement