Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint for shower

Options
  • 02-04-2008 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just a quick question..
    I have a shower which is in the upstairs of a converted dormer, and so the roof of same is a bit low. For one reason or another I cant tile above the shower and the paint which i have applied is not standing up too well to the steem etc. There is also the start of the sign of mold above the shower :(.
    Would anyone know of a paint application which is water proof and suitable for the above problem. I have asked around a few paint shops and so far have had no joy.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭the magician

I've used johnstone's bathroom paint in the bathroom in our dormer . have it painted a year and have had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

keving wrote: »
    Hi all, just a quick question..
    I have a shower which is in the upstairs of a converted dormer, and so the roof of same is a bit low. For one reason or another I cant tile above the shower

Hi - I'm a bit confused here, why can't you tile above shower level to ceiling. I have mine tiled to ceiling level, blue same colour as the wall. And tiled white above that, the same colour as the ceiling.
    This job has been done nearly two years now, and no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Thanks Magician, I'll check that out.
    dh0661 The shower is tiled to the ceiling, it's just that the ceiling is a bit low being a dormer. There is a fan but moisture still builds up on the ceiling of the shower and the rest of the bathroom, hence the problem.

Thanks Magician, I'll check that out.
    dh0661 The shower is tiled to the ceiling, it's just that the ceiling is a bit low being a dormer. There is a fan but moisture still builds up on the ceiling of the shower and the rest of the bathroom, hence the problem.

Maybe I did not explain properly, mine is also a dormer. The ceiling is tiled with white tiles, just over shower area, which also has an extractor fan.
    I presume that you have a window in this bathroom, leaving the window slightly open when having shower, solves the problem of condescension for me.
    I hope that this might be of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

It's a long curved ceiling so would have to use mosaic's. Whole bathroom ceiling is getting damp, although above shower is worst. I would have to tile the lot and this has two problems,
    - The cost would be unreal at around €2,000
    - The tiles would make the ceiling seem even lower.
    I am leaving window open, which does help but doesn't make for a nice shower when in the height of winter !! ;)

• Advertisement

I am leaving window open, which does help but doesn't make for a nice shower when in the height of winter !! ;)

Just like leaving the sauna, and having a cold shower.:eek:

Advertisement