Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Vista

• 02-04-2008 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm having problems with Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron 1525.

There are two user accounts, but the problem is only happening for one user. What happens is when I try to open anything from the right hand side of the start menu, it will bring the window up for just an instant, then it will dissappear immediately, as if I had closed the window. This also happens when I try to open the recycle bin from the desktop, though all the other desktop icons (IE, works etc.) work fine.

The only difference I can think of between the two user accounts is that the account with the problem is used to play Football Manager 2008.

As far as security goes,we have McAfee. We recently got invaded by "PC-Antispyware" but managed to delete it. Just a few minutes ago, McAfee deleted a trojan too apparently..... Dunno if any of this is relevant but no harm throwing it out there! :)

If anyone could help sort this problem I'd really appreciate it - also I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so try to dumb it down a bit if possible :p

Advertisement